How do I get through this?

This is my worst summer ever. I am officially divorced from my scum of an ex husband. He told me he was leaving me for some skank 6 months ago. He said he didn't want to ruin my christmas so he told me new years day.

To make it worse we live in such a small town that see him and the whore all over town. He doesn't spend time with the kids anymore either. He fought me so hard to get joint custody but he never gets them anymore. He's always spending his time and money on ms. newboobs. I am beside myself.

I started working out to relieve stress but that only works for the first half of the day. I feel great all morning and when 5 o'clock rolls around I just make dinner for my kids and pick up a few pieces of junk out of the living room and I just retire to my bedroom and watch t.v. I don't think I'm depressed or anything. I do get up and help my kids if they need something but they are 14, 16, and 17 so they are sort of doing their own thing with video games and t.v.

I just feel like he won. I feel like he took my self-esteem and dignity. He trashed me in the court room making allegations that I was not a good wife and that he didn't feel like I loved him at all. I was crushed. Until about a couple of months before he left me we were happy. I could tell that the distance between us came when she came into the picture. Some days when I feel like my old self I see them at a store or the two of them driving by in the car we used to be a family in. I can't stand seeing her sit in the chair I used to sit it, using my cup holder, looking in my overhead mirror. That might sound petty but it's the way I feel at the time.

Has anyone gone through this? How can you get back to being yourself? I don't want to date. I don't want to go through this again. I can't stand to have my heart broken again.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:39 PM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• hugs

You might identify with this song.

Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 2:43 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• It will take time, but those feelings will lessen and lessen. Give yourself time to be mad, pissed, upset... but then pick yourself back up and tell yourself that you are better off.
    I swore that I'd never get remarried, but I did. And its so much better than what I was living before.

Take this time to get to know you again.... go out, have fun with some girlfriends, have lunch, get mani's and pedi's, go see a movie.
    Learn to love you again... that will make a big difference, I know it did with me.
    Good Luck
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 2:46 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I'm so sorry, I havent been in your shoes, but i do know that you have to take it one day at a time. and it sounds very tough to see him with the slut ho bitch, but just remember you are the best thing in your life. He is the one who is in slumville. You are way better than them. you have your children, be strong for them. it will get easier each day. you need to get together with some of your friends and just go out and have the time of your life. who knows, you just may meet someone that curls your toes... lOL
    nybor48

Answer by nybor48 at 2:47 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I took a 12 year break--got divorced when my daughter was 2. She is now 14 and I just got married 2 days ago. It takes time. Sorry.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 2:48 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• hugsTime heals all wounds

Kari_Noelle

Answer by Kari_Noelle at 2:48 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• been there done that ,love yourself first keep your head held high.and since you see them all the time make sure to look like a knock out,let him that you still has it going on.go out with your girlfriends,have yourself some fun.and if you still see old friends that you and he had together make it your business to let them know that your life has only gotten better since the divorce.and let them know that you are a cougar out on the prowl.cause they are going back to tell him how good you look.and keep the excersise up.change your mom-wifey wardrow.let the sucker know he hasn't stop nothing
    MADUKES402

Answer by MADUKES402 at 3:05 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• girl it takes time, been in ur shoes, it hurts. but give ur self time
    ashes27165

Answer by ashes27165 at 3:45 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I'm so sorry sweets! All you can do is give urself time....
    Helen2004

Answer by Helen2004 at 4:07 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Hold your head high because you did nothing wrong, and be strong for your kids.
    dlee620

Answer by dlee620 at 5:10 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Don't let his jackwagonness get to you! Let him blow thru his life and wiht new boobs- she can blow his money- you just need to get yourself out there, make yourself look great, and move on with your life, find a new guy! show him you can be super happy too!!!! and that leaving you was the best thing he could have done for you!!!
    kgrine

Answer by kgrine at 5:50 PM on Jun. 3, 2011