Is is normal that my 6 month old daughter refuses to hold her bottle?

She knows how, she just absolutely refuses to do it.

Yates6943

Asked by Yates6943 at 8:26 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My DD was just lazy about it but as long as you don't hold it for her she will learn that she needs to hold it herself I promise she won't starve herself
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 8:28 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• My son would do that after a visit with his grandparents. He would get lazy after seeing them. They would do it, cause "he couldn't do it"
    Amber1109

Answer by Amber1109 at 8:30 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• my son wouldn't do it til he was 8 months old.. i didn't see a problem with it.. it just gave me another excuse to hold him =]
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 8:31 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I was just thinking about this b/c my 6 mo old doesn't hold her bottle and I wondered if it was something I should make her do. I honestly don't mind holding it for her, so I never thought about it. But then I got a sippy cup for her and she seemed to hold onto it just fine, so I tried the bottle, but she wouldn't do it. To me it's part of our bonding since I never breastfed. I just hold her tight and cuddle with her while I feed her.
    mkemom519

Answer by mkemom519 at 8:37 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Why do they need to hold it so early? I am enjoying every second of feeding my DD a bottle still aand she is only 7 months.
    momstepmom1471

Answer by momstepmom1471 at 11:08 PM on Dec. 9, 2008