My fat arms

OK so i have kinda bigger arms...its sucks.....so how do i slim them down (mind u i am 26weeks perggers....so no extensive stuff lol) i have a 4yr old that i am all the time liftin so i know that aint helpin...but I hte the way my arms look!! I feel like they are so ugghhh!!

msmamakatie

Asked by msmamakatie at 2:49 PM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• You need to burn the fat, as well as tone them up with free weights or other resistance exercise. You can do push ups all day long, but the fat is the big problem. You need to make sure you're eating right so you don't gain a ton of weight with this pregnancy, and keep walking every day to stay healthy. Focus on shrinking your arms after you're done being pregnant, but work on not making them bigger now.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 5:17 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Weights and push ups can help with toning and building muscle but it will not burn the fat in your arms. We can't spot lose. The only way to lose fat is with cardio and burning more than you consume. But you can't tell the body where to take it from. You can at the very least go for walks and do low impact cardio while pregnant. After you can bump the workouts a bit.

Personal example, I'm doing Insanity. I've lost 27 inches so far and 4 inches (2 on each arm) have come off from my Bat wings...oops, I mean upper arms!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:47 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Free weights!!!!!

Answer by older at 2:49 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• do standing push ups against a wall. they will help tighten them up and you shouldn't be lifting your 4 year old.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 2:52 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Can u join a gym? They have machines just for arms.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:54 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I think most pregnant women have fat arms--the water weight has to go somewhere. I like Bugzmomma's suggestion of pushups against the wall. Otherwise, just wait until after the baby comes. They'll slim down some.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 3:07 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Im hopin they slim down some.....I lost alot of weight after I had my DS....but was very active too. So lol. And i know i shouldnt be lifting him but when ur 4yr old looks at u and wants to be picked up cause he wants love or hurt his leg or w/e. I have seen plenty of women have plenty of children and still tote. I know there is a risk posed into picking them up but I was his mom first right. I dunno maybe its my screwed up way of thinkink lol
    msmamakatie

Comment by msmamakatie (original poster) at 3:10 PM on Jun. 3, 2011