Has anyone rented a carpet cleaner from home depot and does it work?

I have a Hoover steamvac carpet cleaner i bought at walmart. Does not work as in does not clean the carpet. its a Piece of shit! The only way i know to clean a carpet is to hire someone and pay $139 or more. I need my apartment cleaned before we move out. My friend is telling me to rent one for the day. I called home depot, they say it does work really well and they want a $50 deposit and drivers license um ok stupid

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:59 PM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Why is it stupid? I have used the Rug Doctor from Home Depot several times. It works great. Just be sure to use a good carpet cleaner and not to use too much cleaner.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 3:02 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Also if you get a chance to pick it out yourself, look for the one with the best looking, least worn brushes.
    Why is it stupid?
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 3:04 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Ok, I have a little professional advice for you. My DF is a certified carpet cleaner. Ya the price can be a little expensive but it is worth it. If you are moving out and just need the carpet to look clean then go ahead and rent a rug doctor. But if you are looking to clean the carpet in your home then you must hire a pro. The way a pro cleans is way diff then the rug doctor. Pro cleaning your carpet is much more efficient. Pro cleaners use heat and high pressure water to eliminate the soil that is penetrated deep into the pores of your carpet. Also they use disinfectants to kill the germs and bacteria. Where as the rug doctor doesn't use any of this other then soap and water. I remember my mom spending all day cleaning the carpet and it still didn't look as nice as when my Df who I hadn't met started doing our carpet.

styhmMommy

Answer by styhmMommy at 3:23 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Im moving like i said in the post not staying. I meant stupid because they want a $50 deposit and a driver license. they give you the $50 back or you use that money for the total price. I dont know why they need a driver license that is stupid to me.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:56 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• i just dont want to pay $149. we need the extra money for diff things
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:59 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I called the manager but he wasnt there, so the assistant told me how one of the maintenance people come to the house to clean it once the people move out. Like if i go and pay $149 to clean my whole apartment then the guy from my apartments who works here comes here and cleans the carpet. wtf. i dont fucking think so. that isnt cool or fair! im not going to waste my husbands hard earned money to clean this place when they are going to clean the carpet them selves again? thats some stupid shit right there. I told the lady (assistant) im going to call back and speak with the manager because i will not pay a professional just so they can turn around and re clean the carpet.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:04 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Anytime I have ever rented a rug doctor it is $25 for the day. The deposit will be given back to you once you return the machine. As far as the license, they don't actually keep it. They write it down on the agreement and give you the license back along with a carbon copy of the agreement.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 4:36 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Oh, they need your license in case you decide not to return it. They way they can file a police report.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 4:38 PM on Jun. 3, 2011