What would you have done?

We were outside and the kids were having a good time. Next thing I know I have 8 kids other than my own playing in my yard. They were from the home daycare a couple houses down. I gave her the benefit of the doubt and waited a few minutes. You know, in case she had an unexpected potty run. One of the older kids comes up and asks for a drink. She then tells me the lady who babysits is never outside with them. I gave it a few more minutes and nothing. I finally told them we had to go in for a while. To head back to the sitter's backyard.

I just checked and she is now out there. Should I head over now and talk with her or later this evening when all the kids are gone?

pookiekins34

Asked by pookiekins34 at 3:00 PM on Jun. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• As a parent. I would want to know that my kid's weren't being completely supervised ESPECIALLY while outdoors at their home day care.
    Anonymous

• YES talk to her before something happens to one of those kids, the kid saying shes never outside with them is scary. Especially all the horror stories popping up in the news about home daycare's. You should talk to her for YOUR privacy's sake, for the kids sake (hit by a car, kidnapped, fight could break out etc etc). And if she smarts off to you about mind your business and that they're kids they will roam if they want to. Write a lovely letter print it out 8 times saying how this woman doesn't watch the kids and hand it to the parents when they pick them up.
    alexareh

Answer by alexareh at 3:07 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I am with Giving, I would damn near have a heart attack if I was the mother of one of those kids. This is 2011, wth if you were a damn perv and all the kids, unattended, flocked into your yard?
    GirlWithANikon

Answer by GirlWithANikon at 3:13 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• It would tell the parents
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:24 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I would go over there and see whats going on it her responabile to watch the kids she is getting paid for I would be highly ticked off!
    budda646

Answer by budda646 at 4:57 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Oh I was be pissed as a parent.. i think they all should know.. so sad..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:58 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I live in houston and just a few months ago a fire broke out at a home daycare killing four babies. (Look it up ont the Houston Chronicle website) The daycare giver is said to not even be at the home at the time. You should go talk to he now and you should also report it to the state before a something horriable happens to one of those children like it did here.
    sunsetbeach81

Answer by sunsetbeach81 at 4:47 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Send the kids back saying they need a written note from their parents to play elsewhere when the caretaker is ignoring them....a rather "sneaky" way to stop that problem!
    InquiringMind

Answer by InquiringMind at 12:42 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I probably would have called the police honestly.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 3:11 PM on Jun. 3, 2011