Is my little boy getting too tired @ daycare?

He's 15 mo old & has been enjoying daycare since Oct. In the afternoons i get him @ 5 we hurry to eat, play & bath but it seems no matter what he's done here lately by 6:30 & i've been getting him a little early! He doesn't eat well either, seems to be hit or miss. I'd like to keep him up till 7:30 most nites so he doesn't try to get up so early? I need some ideas....phleeze!!

Ms.JiggityJones

Asked by Ms.JiggityJones at 8:34 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Keeping him up later will not change his wakeup time. Just wipe that old-wives-tale out of your head.
    Keeping him up past the point when he wants (and needs) to be asleep will actually make it harder for him to go to sleep, harder for him to stay asleep, and more likely to wake up early.

Yes, he may be getting overtired in daycare. As he undergoes different developmental leaps, he will learn more and experience more during the day. That will make him more tired until he adjusts to the new ability level. The best thing you can do for him is to work with him. If he is tired, let him sleep. Start taking simple, healthy things he can safely eat in the car and give him his snack/dinner on the way home.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:46 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• wow!!! your baby goes to bed that early!? i mean i agree completly with your first anser,..{the one before mine}:) and i can say that i am simply jealous!
    amysmomma505

Answer by amysmomma505 at 9:50 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Have you asked how they do nap time or how he does during nap time? Some of our kids at a daycare I worked at would have to suffer through a bad nap time because of a few other children who were difficult at nap time. They're so in tune with each other sometimes it makes it difficult. I'd ask your daycare provider. Who knows though maybe he just plays hard! lol
    nerdyma7

Answer by nerdyma7 at 12:29 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• thanks for the ideas...he does nap from 11 to 1 @ daycare and i guess he goes n goes during the day...they do say he getting more comfortable there now and i coming out of his shell. have an appt with the developmental lady monday afternoon & she will see if he's on track. I'll mention it to her and she what she thinks too.. Yes, i know i am lucky about him going nite nite so easily..seriously, i just looked at him & said " you ready to go nite nite?" & he followed me to his room and waited by his bed to lie down...what a great lil boy, we are sooo blessed-
    thanks yall!
    Ms.JiggityJones

Answer by Ms.JiggityJones at 6:56 PM on Dec. 12, 2008