Sex addicts?

Do you believe sex addiction is the same as any other addiction like alcohol or gambling? Is there anyone else out there who just can't seem to control their obsessive behaviors no matter how much they want to?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:18 PM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• yes it is the same, if you are addicted to sex you can have withdraws from not having it. You need it like you would need a drug.
    raynebowstarz

Answer by raynebowstarz at 4:19 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• my ex was a sex addict and so was his dad. Porn, online chatrooms, sex hotlines, you name it and he would do it. and he was lucky to have me! its an addiction he just couldn't and wouldn't change...
    cailynsmommy626

Answer by cailynsmommy626 at 4:38 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• My husband believes I have a sex addiction. ( I don't) I do believe it's like any other addiction however. If an addict doesn't get sex they can become hostile, angry or go to extremes to get it!
    chi_moma

Answer by chi_moma at 5:03 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I watched a show called "Taboo" and one show was about sex addiction.People that are addicted to sex don't care who they are having sex with.This lady I saw started hooking up with strangers online.She would have sex in the car in a parking garage.Once she wanted sex so badly that she hung around a porn theater & went inside & had sex with some guy in front of the whole crowd.Now that is addiction!!She started seeing a psychologist & has worked through what made her want affection from men.It can be really serious.
    robin2708

Answer by robin2708 at 5:11 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• can you be a sex addict because you have sex all the time even if its with the same guy? because if thats the case i am one lol
    ladyb155

Answer by ladyb155 at 5:34 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• lol ladyb yes you can!
    raynebowstarz

Answer by raynebowstarz at 5:41 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I do risky things that I have no idea why. I crave the attention. I never started feeling this way until a rape and sexual assault when I was a teenager. I promise myself things will change and I do really well for a while even though the thought is in my mind, then something snaps and I act out. The past few days I have been texting and sending sexy pics to my supervisor. He is much older and initiated things, even though there had been a lot of innocent flirting before. Even while it is going on I say "I am not going to send him anymore" and still do it. I love being wanted and get so turned on by the whole thing, but feel so skanky and dirty and awful afterward. But either way the high I get from it pushes me to do it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:31 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• You really need to talk with a therapist because you need help over this.If you feel dirty than you knowingly know it's wrong.You really need to start to find something else that is much safer & helpful to yourself instead of being careless.I wish you luck.Please seek a professional to speak with.
    robin2708

Answer by robin2708 at 9:08 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Thank you. I am in therapy now and we have covered some of the other anxiety and stress over the past situations, but I am so embarrassed over this it is hard for me to bring it up even with my therapist. I know I need to though. I just dont want to feel judged.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:19 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Please dont feel bad about telling your therapist absolutely everything!! Talking about how you feel & what you do will help in your treatment.Good luck!!
    robin2708

Answer by robin2708 at 8:43 PM on Jun. 4, 2011