Because of past drug offenses my husband cannot get foodstamps...

but he is the primary bread winner and I need to use his income to figure our monthly earnings. So, can I use his statements to qualify me and the kids but leave him off the application?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:18 PM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Money & Work

• You still have to put him on the app. Just check the box that states he has felony drug charges. I have two charges that keep me from getting them but I still get them on my kids.
    Anonymous

• I think you have to add him on there too. and if you use his income ( which has his name on it) then you run across the same problem.

If you DO NOT put him on the application, it will lower the amount and also you will have to prove who helps you pay the bills.

So really I am not too sure, just giving some ideas either way to what will come up.
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 4:22 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• If you're married and you're claiming his income you have to put him on the paperwork. Anyway you try to work it you'll still have to put him on the application.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 4:24 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Yes, you can. Add him to the application as a dependent of the income they will deny him but, the rest of you will qualify.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 4:25 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• He needs to be out on the app. His income will count and his head will count BUT he will not receive benefit, you and your children will so instead of getting the full (made up numbers here) amount of 500 you would get 350. Fill out the app!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:18 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• unless you are in Fla it doesn't matter...
    Anonymous

• If u r trying to get them for the whole family,then his name needs to go on the application too! The only way it does not have to is if u r divorced and he does not live with u! That is the only way his name would not need to be on it.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 7:16 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I just checked and with his income minus him we make too much. And I can't find a job! bluck
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:27 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• We're in CA but I figured out that he makes too much to qualify only 4 of us. We'd qualify with him but not without him.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:57 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• wow i didn't know that you couldn't get foodstamps if you have felony drug charges
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 7:19 PM on Jun. 3, 2011