potty training question

My daughter is two and we have been potty training since she was sixteen months she is completely potty trained and never pees her pants anymore I can't get her to poop in the toilet. She will go and hide when she has to and I have caught her and taken her to the bathroom but she doesn't want to poop in the toilet. I have tried bribing her with treats and she has a sticker chart for when she goes pee or poop but nothing has worked. Any suggestions on how I could modivate her or get her excited about pooping in the toilet would help me a ton

Amanda_87

Asked by Amanda_87 at 8:42 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My oldest daughter had this problem. Her issue was it was too hard, and it was painful to go. Try a stool softener for her, or go to a dr. to get something to help.
    Also, if you read the books, it will tell yo it is a also a control issue for most toddlers.
    Good Luck
    kitty1936

Answer by kitty1936 at 11:46 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Let me stop laughing. Your comments brought back the memories of potty training my two oldest children. I have another one that will be doing that soon. Be consistent. One day, she will surprise you and do her business in the bathroom.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 4:09 PM on Dec. 11, 2008