Middle schooler!

My DD is going to middleschool next year I am so happy for her but scared too what about u moms anyone going though this!!!

budda646

Asked by budda646 at 5:05 PM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• Kind of, my middle-schooler is getting ready to graduate and be a Freshman next year and I'm nervous about that! Good luck----all I can say is she liked the 6th grade, 7th grade was ok and now she is ready to start high school!
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 6:20 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I have 2 middle schoolers and a 3rd grader.
    I'm sure your daughter will be very happy in middle school, and then so will you :)
    RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 10:06 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• advice, keep communication open these next few years. Alot happens in Jr high - I thnk, it's worse then high school, now a days.
    My dd will be in the 7th grade and my youngest in 6th. Oldest will graduate this next year =-(
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 9:39 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Congrats to your daughter! Middle school can be a totally different experience for every kid. Take my daughter and her best friend. Same middle school , same classes . My daughter has had a wonderful middle school experinece. Just went to awards night last night and 52 of 300 kids got awards. My daughter was so happy to be included in this evening and get an award. Her best friend has had a negative experience and is going to a private high school. My daughter has flourished in middle school, and I am proud of the young woman she is becoming. I am hoping her high school experience is as wonderful. My advice to you would be to be aware of your daughter's friends and have her choose her peer group wisely. She will be faced with peer pressure and needs to be strong and do what's right. Don't show her you are nervous about middle school . Focus on the positive.
    jcm62497

Answer by jcm62497 at 7:53 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• my daughter will be in the 7th grade next year.....6th grade was a great experience for her,I was nervous for her and I enrolled her in karate classes, she has aspergers and I was afraid she would be bullied...turns out she did just fine,made some friends and tried out for the track team...didnt make the team but did get asked out by a boy,she said no to him and got some awards at the 6th grade award ceremony.....I'm sure your tween will do fine!
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 12:48 PM on Jun. 10, 2011