fever while teething 19 months old

my daughter is 19 months old and is cutting her back teeth in. She had her well baby check up today no needles but they checked her ears so i know she cant have an ear infection. But she is running a fever of 101.5 I dont know weather to bring her to the er or wait it out? We are in the middle of a snow storm but if this isnt normal i will bring her to the er. Is it normal or should we go in ?

Wassybear

Asked by Wassybear at 8:42 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Did you give her any infant Tylenol? Call your doctor first before you head out. They will beable to tell you the best thing to do.
    Amber1109

Answer by Amber1109 at 8:45 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I would give her tylenol or motrin and check her in a few hours to see if the fever has come down. I am not a doctor, but It could just be the teeth. Call the doc. if you have any concerns. That's what they are there for.
    mom050607

Answer by mom050607 at 10:59 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I would give her motrin, of course the amount goes by age and weight of you're child. Also if it really uncomfortable for her you might also want to try baby orajel.
    CAFEMOM28

Answer by CAFEMOM28 at 11:47 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I would try the motrin too. My youngest always got a fever when he was cutting teeth. I would give him motrin and keep checking his temp, but never ended up having to take him in. I would ask your dr what temp you should take her in at.
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 12:07 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• hi ladies thank you for all your advice i gave her more tylenole(im highly alergic to motrin and ibprofin,asprin so im hesitant on giving them to her. The tylenol ha helped alot the i put the oragel on and that does nothing she just screams more like it is burning her mouth. So we have been doing the teethers and pops.. Any how i will probably call the dr in the am just to be sure but so far tonight she is doing much better.. Thank you all
    Wassybear

Answer by Wassybear at 12:56 AM on Dec. 10, 2008