What age should i begin potty training my 2 yr old?

I know every child is different and will respond differently to potty training. What age was your little one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:59 PM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• we started potty training at 18 months around two years and a month, he just desded to starting going in hte potty all the time, night and day. it took him awhile when we first started the only way he would potty is if his diaper was off, but when he was ready he was ready
    Kambrosino07

Answer by Kambrosino07 at 6:04 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I only have one, a daughter. She is 10 months old now and we have already bought her a little potty chair. I sit her on it before a bath, she has gone in it 4 times now. I know she probably doesn't understand what she is doing, but I am just so looking forward to the day when we will no longer need diapers! Decided to get an early start!

I'd say at 2 years old it's about time to start trying. A two year old will respond to positive reinforcement, like stickers or a piece of candy for using the toilet. Good Luck!
    Ludvik_Smith

Answer by Ludvik_Smith at 6:06 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• My son is going to be 2 tomorrow and I started working with him on it about 2 weeks ago. I dont take him all the time but maybe 3-4 times a day. He has used it alot within the first few days he started taking me in there and he would go...i wouldnt say he is good to go by any meens but i think he is doing well. Just get a seet and sit him down on it a few times a day. Good Luck!
    Anonymous

• Boys take longer to train than girls do. I started my daughter around 2 and a half. She got it in about 3 or 4 weeks. My son however, well, he did not get it until he was 4 years old and was made go to potty. The Pre-K refused to take him until he learned.
    LAKirby7

Answer by LAKirby7 at 6:33 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• My son was 2 when we started potty training (his daycare actually started). With two life changing events that happened during the potty training times he was 4 before he was potty trained. We started too early with him.

My daughter was 3 when we started potty training her and she got it in about a week. We learned from our mistakes.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 6:59 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Oh and my SIL has 5 kids, 3 of which are potty trained. The BOY was the easiest for her to train. So that crap about boys being harder I don't buy.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 7:01 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I was really lazy with it. my son was like 20 months when i started talking about the potty and showing him what it was, but i take him when i felt like it... which was bad and confusing, i know. so when he got big boy urderware for his 2nd birthday, i just went straight to putting him in underware all day long and haave an accident til one time, two months later when he was at church with my sister, so i dont even know what happened. i didnt worry about nighttime at first because i put a door knob cover on his door so he can get out because he tries to play around at night and doesnt sleep. if i put him in underware at night, he would go all night without peeing, but if i get him in time in the morning, he would pee on the floor. so i finally just got a potty chair and stuck it in his room so he could wake up and pee it. that was about 2 yrs and 3 months or so, and he has been completely potty trained since then.
    CassCass

Answer by CassCass at 8:28 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I do not agree that boys take longer than girls. My son was cake to potty train....not so with my daughter.
    mommydinasaur

Answer by mommydinasaur at 4:24 PM on Jun. 4, 2011