A**hole Husband

Hello, my problem is my husband. He is a complete a**. He constantly screams at me and yells over stupid stuff. I feel like I am a five year old around him. He treats his siblings better than me. Even his sister said he screams too much. I don't know if I should leave because he loves our daughter so much and she adores him right now. I am starting to see an effect on her though. When he goes into yelling and screaming around her she starts crying really bad. We are in a slump right now, but I don't know if he will change when things are better financially. He makes me constantly cry, and today I was so stressed out, I couldn't even concentrate on driving and almost got into a really bad wreck. My nerves are shot. My emotions are raw.

EternalDiesirae

Asked by EternalDiesirae at 6:05 PM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• I totally feel for you. Sorry you are going through this. I know what you mean, b/c my husband used to do this to me. But, at the time we were going through some things, and he just changed his ways b/c he knew what he was doing was wrong. I hope yours comes to his senses. People do act insensitive and weird during tough times. I think its terrible, but beore you would leave, try counseling or even just getting away for a weekend with your daughter and let him come to his senses.
    hazeleyezmommy

Answer by hazeleyezmommy at 6:09 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Tell him to shape up ship out. You should not feel like a prisoner in your own home or have to walk on egg-shells while you're around him. Tell him how you feel, give him 2 weeks to turn it around and then separate if he still is treating you like shit. Good luck to you!!!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 6:18 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• My sister was in a similar relationship. She finally left when her daughters became teenagers. The sad thing is--her daughters are now attracted to men that treat them like shit because that is how they saw their mother being treated.

Do you want your daughter to think it's ok to be treated this way? Yes, he may love his daughter, but he's showing her that it's OK for a man to treat a woman like shit. Show her what a strong woman does when a man treats them that way--they walk away.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:25 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• yes u should at least have a trial separation. if he refuses to get help then he finds his behavior acceptable and u will have to keep dealing with it or stay separated.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 6:34 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• don't give him a choice. just take your daughter for a weekend somehwere fun, but stll inexpencive. have a bag for you and dd ready and just leave without a word. do it whnever you feel like the yelling is just too much and when yo come back, tell him how nice it was to have her not crying so much. maybe he'll get the message.
    caljones

Answer by caljones at 6:44 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• It doesn't sound like it is good for anyone.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:08 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• He has been ugly since the beginning. He is just worse now. He refuses counseling for years now, and will not let me take my dd away for a weekend.
    EternalDiesirae

Comment by EternalDiesirae (original poster) at 6:11 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• ask him if he thinks he's acting appropriately. the minute he admits he knows he acting up, the minute he has potential to change!
    does he have an anger problem, would he consider getting therapy??
    tell him not to talk at all if he's not going to be nice, that's what i do
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 6:22 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• :( My dad is like that. I am not going to sugar coat it, I hate him. I always go see him every week and do what he needs me to but I resent him so bad for treating me and everyone like dirt.
    LAKirby7

Answer by LAKirby7 at 6:31 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• BOUNDARIES IN MARRIAGE by Drs. Henry Cloud and John Townsend. Get it and read it and do it.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:40 PM on Jun. 3, 2011