Books, books, books, and more books!

Okay Ladies...
I need some good books to read. I like most genres except fantasy/sci-fi, but I have read a few of them. Listed below are some of the books I've read and enjoyed.

The Great Gatsby
He Not That Into You
The Lucky One
Lovely Bones (gonna read it while I'm in Orlando on vacay)
Twilight Series
Of Mice and Men

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Chloesmom1126

Asked by Chloesmom1126 at 6:06 PM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I just finished The Hunger Games trilogy and I thought it was SO good....I mean seriously fantastic, I couldnt put the books down...I'm looking for something else to read myself so hopefully I get some ideas from your post too lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 6:08 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Hmmm...Memoirs of a Geisha.
    Franny and Zooey.
    The Sun Also Rises.
    A Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy...but maybe that's considered sci-fi? I think it's good.
    Ludvik_Smith

Answer by Ludvik_Smith at 6:09 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I could recommend many but i am not sure they would be to your taste . . I suggest you take time to go to a good public library, chat with a librarian, then browse . You could do the same at a bookstore but it is cheaper to walk out from a library with as many books as you can carry than it is from a bookstore.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 6:11 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• catherine anderson is a great romance author, also sins of the seventh sister is good, ummmmm to kill a mocking bird is one of my fav's.
    raynebowstarz

Answer by raynebowstarz at 6:12 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• ANY Jodi Piccoult book is amazing, and To Kill a Mocking Bird, Huckleberry Finn, Gone With The Wind,

(Just a few of my faves)
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 6:16 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Read HitchHikers Guide....meh
    Read to kill a mocking bird

However, I may check out the Sins of the seventh sister. Reading reviews now.
    Chloesmom1126

Comment by Chloesmom1126 (original poster) at 6:17 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• The Mortal Instruments Ser. ~ OMGosh it it a awesome series
    Kambrosino07

Answer by Kambrosino07 at 6:24 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• The Host by Stephanie Myers

Perfect Chemestry, Rules of attraction

Leaving Paradice, Return to Paradice
    Kambrosino07

Answer by Kambrosino07 at 6:26 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• The Anita Blake series, by Laurell K Hamilton is good.
    rose81

Answer by rose81 at 6:28 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I know you said you're not into fantasy, but one of my all-time favorite worlds is the Heralds of Valdemar books, by Mercedes Lackey. There's around 20 out and they usually come in trilogies.

Arrows of the Queen, Arrow's Flight and Arrow's Fall are the first three she ever wrote in the world. The Black/White/Silver Gryphon are the first chronologically, but are more of a pre-history to the world. Magic's pawn/Promise/Price are also near the front chronologically and are actually about the heralds.

I also very much enjoy Anne McCafferey's Pern books.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 7:12 PM on Jun. 3, 2011