Rinsing a poopy cloth diaper in the kitchen sink?

Okay, so my best friend in all the world cloth diapers her babies. I'm very happy for her for doing that. However, the other day, she couldn't get all the poop out of her daughter's cloth diaper after shaking it in the toilet, so she took it to the kitchen sink and sprayed it off in there. She cleaned the sink afterwards. But still....would you ever do something like that? Is it just me that thinks it's gross? Or is it okay since she cleaned it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:31 PM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• The kitchen sink probably had way more bacteria already in it than the poop. No joke, the kitchen sink is dirtier even than the inside of the toilet bowl, no exaggeration

And the water from the sink goes the same place as the water in the toilet. Sooo...

I don't really see a problem here. .
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 6:32 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• that is gross
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 6:32 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I cloth diaper and would never EVER do that. Not in my sink, not in your sink... No ones sink. Sometimes I do have to get a little icky in the toilet rinsing a diaper, but I just wash my hands afterwards.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 6:34 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• That is so gross, I dont think I would ever want to eat at her house after seeing that.
    missval11

Answer by missval11 at 6:42 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I would not wash a soiled diaper out in the Kitchen sink. A better more appropriate choice would be a utility/laundry sink. If I did not have one of those I would use the bathroom sink or tub instead. I know Kitchen sinks are dirtier then even the toilet but I personally would prefer to keep fecal matter out of the area I use to prepare food.
    freedommoments

Answer by freedommoments at 6:50 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Actually that is rather gross... We use Bumgenius products. They have a rinse tool that conects to the back of the toilet to you can spray your cloth diapers off in the toilet. Tell her she can purchase it on Babies R Us online.
    ValMommy17

Answer by ValMommy17 at 6:52 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• That's absolutely vile.
    jteffs

Answer by jteffs at 7:39 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• yikes. if i were her, i'd look into maybe a bathroom faucet with a sprayer or something or like someone else said, a laundry sink. really anywhere but the kitchen.
    flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 8:18 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Ok, it is gross....but ati is right....there was far worse bacteria in there already....
    mommydinasaur

Answer by mommydinasaur at 4:23 PM on Jun. 4, 2011