Can i still get pregnant if my tubes are tied?

Asked by allysmom3 at 6:36 PM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yes, my friend did. After she had her 3rd baby she made sure that they were fried too so she couldn't get pregnant again!

Answer by emmyandlisa at 6:38 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• yeah you can

Answer by mamawilbur at 6:40 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Yes, depending on how they were "tied" to begin with. The body naturally tries to heal itself and those little suckers will find a way to reconnect if they can.

Answer by chaslee at 6:44 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Yep. Tubals are not 100%. And the younger you are when you have them done the higher your chances of pregnancy afterwards.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:46 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Yes. Getting your tubes tied is not 100% efficient.

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 6:48 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Yes. A friend of mine had twins AND a singleton after she got her tubes tied.

Answer by ValMommy17 at 6:50 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• It's supposed to be 99.9% effective. However nature can almost always find a way. There's still that .1 % that it fails for.

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:20 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I guess the real question here is...Are you worried you might get pregnant after a tubal & you dont want to be? ORRRRRR are you wishing you didnt have tubal & wish you could still get pregnant?

• Usually ladies who ask this are hoping they can still get pregnant despite having tubal...and usually get false hope. Look..if you wanted to have more kids you shouldn't have had your tubes tided. Its pretty rare to get pregnant after a tubal now-days. Sorry if that's not the answer you are looking for.

• yep, you are least likely to get pregnant in the first 5 years after surgery. i was thinking about getting my tubes tied but i went with the Mirena IUD instead and my doctor told me it is more effective than having the tubes tied.

Answer by ajs16919 at 4:00 AM on Jun. 4, 2011