Would you be more upset...

if a friend invited you then you found out they didn't want you there?

or if you were never invited in the first place even though you asked if you could come?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:42 PM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• I was invited to a party and when I showed up they said I only invited you because your mom and my mom forced me to. Ouch
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:54 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• How in the hell did you find out that they didn't want you there? That is so rude and I would honestly be pissed either way!
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 6:49 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Depends on the situation. Why don't they want me there?
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 6:45 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I wouldnt call that a friend at all. and would not continue to be friends with that person.
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 6:47 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• oh because they planned on going to sushi, but since i went, we all had to go to a cheaper restaurant. i was hurt when found out they wished i wasnt even there
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:48 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• the 1st one
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 6:50 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• he said he didnt want me to be upset so if that meant i went then so be it. it was my significant other
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:54 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• uh, wait....your significant other didn't want you to go out to dinner with him because it meant he and his friends would have to go to a cheaper restaurant? Wow...I don't think there's any way that could happen that would be less hurtful than another. That would make me rethink my entire relationship. I could deal with "I'm having a guys night out" or "My friend X is in town from Chicago and we want to catch up over dinner". But I could not deal with being invited only to find out later that I wasn't wanted, or not being invited at all just because he's thinking money.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:03 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• i know isn't this pathetic. he invited me at noon, then uninvited me, then said "fine you can come" and i did!
    i sort of knew i wasn't wanted...but i should not let them get away with that, that's why i went. i was like thanks for the free dinner! scumbags
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:05 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• OMG--so what are you going to do?
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 7:10 PM on Jun. 3, 2011