You know who you are

thank youI asked a question several months ago about how I should go about introducing my chihuahua to my new baby, I was a little nervous that he would consider a baby as an interloper on his turf and go berserk...like he does anytime ANYONE other then me, my husband or our 4 yr old daughter is in our home...

A CM mama...and I honest to God cannot remember who (I selected BA and closed the question down about a month ago) suggested that I have my husband bring home one of the blankets that the baby was swaddled in from the hospital and put it in the dogs cage so he can get used to the new scent... It worked so well I'm wondering if my husband hired the dog whisperer behind my back LOL when we brought Sonny home yesterday I sat on the couch with him while DH let Tobasco (dog) out of his cage...he jumped on the couch and sniffed the baby's head...while DH held him by the collar..just in case...he sniffed for a LONG time...then...he layed down next to me and went to sleep LMAO!!!

I have had NO PROBLEMS at all!!! He sniffs the baby alot but that's pretty much it...if I'm holding Sonny, he will lay down next to me, if I'm not he will try to get into my lap....he has been totally awesome about the whole thing SOooooo...I wanted to thank the CM mama who told me to put the blanket in Tobasco's cage..I don't remember who you are but I'm sure you know if you told me that or not so...Thanx =) lol.....you have made my life ALOT easier

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 7:01 PM on Jun. 3, 2011 in About CafeMom

• It wasn't me, but some dogs are tuned in too during pregnancy - DH's dog that he'd had from weaned, when I came along, was indifferent. When I got pregnant, he became sooooo protective - if he heard me open the inside house door to come out, he came running and stayed by my side til I was either safely in the car or back in the house. And then when baby came, he was the same way. When we moved and had more kids, he would sniff at them, sit still as a statue if they wanted to pet him, take treats oh so gently from them, he was incredible - and we never did anything with diapers or blankets or anything before bringing them home, he just knew. But anyway, I'm glad it's going well, and I hope it continues that way! Congrats!
    Anonymous

• U can go back and see your closed questions... if you go to your questions or your answers there is a tab for closed questions :)
    Anonymous

• Awww- how nice! I'm not the person you're looking for, but I just wanted to say that it's really great that your dog is accepting the new baby so readily and easily :)
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 7:54 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Congratulations mama!!!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 11:23 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• people on cafemom answers actually give good advice!!
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 8:09 AM on Jun. 4, 2011