How do I GAIN weight?

Ever since i can remember i have been thin.. I hate that word.. THIN. I hate when family or friends joke around "hey you need a burger?" NO, as a matter of fact i probably just had one! LOL.

But yeah, for me this is a serious problem.. Its not a health issue, my doctor says im a normal weight.. but just barely underweight. I eat EVERYTHING.. junk food i like the most since i thought it would help.. but nope. I eat about 6 times a day. Snacks, Fruit, Veggies. I eat what i need to but its not showing. I dont know where this food that i eat goes.. but its not staying. My mother and Grandmother also had this problem, but they said that after they got their tubes tied they started gaining.. but i dont plan on getting my tubes tied. Does anyone have any ideas?

Sammie-89

Asked by Sammie-89 at 7:17 PM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• It sounds like u have a very fast metabolism. Try eating foods high in protein,that will make u gain weight!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 7:18 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Everyone use to pick on me bc im so tiny.. mom just told me the only time she ever saw me with any weight was when i was pregnant.. i need to gain too any time i do it goes away.. im pale too bc i dont get out much.. my EXbfs cuz asked wht was wrong with me bc i was so skinny and white ... I have a really good friend that calls me La Flaka (Flaka) which means The Skinny girl in spanish lol. I honestly just deal with ive tired and tried to gain weight and i guess im not meant to.. But if you find something that works let me know :)
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 7:29 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• i think my daughter is going to have that problem too.
    MamaSince2005

Answer by MamaSince2005 at 1:03 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Try eating things like avocados, nuts, beans, and other high calorie foods that are still healthy. You can also add juice to your diet (100% fruit juice, not cocktails or other things without vitamins). Needing to gain healthy weight does not mean going crazy with saturated fats, sodium, or refined carbs, but rather, increasing your unsaturated fats, whole grains, lean proteins, etc. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 5:14 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Try lifting weights and drinking a protein drink like Muscle Milk afterward. Adding some muscle to your small frame might help shut them up ;P. (I've gotten the "You're a month's worth of hamburgers away from a good weight" comment a few times myself--- despite the fact that I'm 115 and 5'3. People are silly).
    fireeyes81

Answer by fireeyes81 at 11:36 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• If you want to gain weight you can eat ice cream, chips, donuts, bagels, nuts, cake, etc. You can also drink your calories, milkshakes, coolattas, soda, juiceā€¦all these things will help you put on weight but be careful because it's not very healthy.
    Cynthia525

Answer by Cynthia525 at 7:23 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Don't binge on unhealthy fats. That will just make you sick.

Eat Proteins and carbs. Preferably complex carbs like whole grains- sugars and white flour are nutritionally void and digested quickly. Proteins can be found in meats and dairy, or supplements, but these are often high in bad fats as well. Eat these, but don't binge. The best places for protein are vegetarian in nature- lentils, legumes, nuts, seeds, and beans.

Eat throughout the day, but make sure to eat shortly before you sleep. Sleeping is fairly sedentary and thus you won't be burning off anything. It may seem counterproductive, but exercise a lot. It makes gaining the weight harder, but the weight you gain will be healthier.

If you've always been this way, it will be slow. It took me months to see results. This is a struggle I've had for years- and it seems you're quite healthy. I'm 5'6 and for the longest time I weighed 90lbs. I now weigh 110.
    kit_manson

Answer by kit_manson at 9:58 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• i have this prob and i HATE it the biggest ive ever been was 122 and that was the end of my pregnancy after i had my dd i lost it almost all of it and am now 91lbs like u ive tried everything and nothing works although if i could afford it i would get my tubes tied ive been told its also the way u cook and eat and when and everything but doesnt work with me
    bluemoon49

Answer by bluemoon49 at 6:01 PM on Jul. 29, 2011