Are threr any other religions that dont celabrate Christmas.

Just wondering if you dont why dont you. PLEASE DONT PUT WHY YOU DO. USE SCRIPTURES TO SUPPORT YOUR ANSWER PLEASE. IF YOU FEEL THE NEED TO WRITE SOMETHING BECAUSE YOU DO CELABRATE TRY TO USE A SCRIPTURE.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:52 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I only want scriptures. Do you celabrate other holidays? Why? Why not?
    Anonymous

• Well, there really is only ONE faith that celebrates Christmas in observing it as Jesus' birthday, and that is Christians.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:01 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I think I am misunderstanding the question... clearly the one faith that celebrates Christmas in the religious sense (as the birth of the saviour Jesus Christ) would be the Christian faith (and the various denominations thereof.) Even though some people of other faiths may celebrate in a secular way, they aren't celebrating the religious sense of the holiday because there isn't the same belief in Christ as the saviour. I have no scripture to back it up from other faiths however, since other faiths don't have scriptures pertaining to Christmas. Maybe you are asking about denominations of Christianity that dont' celebrate Christmas and I am overthinking the question!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 9:30 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• There are NO SCRIPTURES to support the Christmas celebration... There are scriptures that would in fact denounce the man made tradition and a common encyclopedia will tell you when it was brought about! Christmas was NOT a BIBLICAL commanded day of celebration! AND even if you are "celebrating Jesus birth" why are you doing it on the wrong day and in the wrong season even? I don't get that... anyway, I will get you some scriptures to help!
    LoveWiseCouncel

Answer by LoveWiseCouncel at 9:47 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• THE COMMANDED FEASTS

PASSOVER IS THE HIGHEST DAY OF ALL THE HOLY DAYS AND SHOULD BE UNTO THIS DAY.
    FEAST OF MONTH ON JEWISH DAY CORRESPONDING
    CALANDAR MONTH
    PASSOVER NISAN 14-21 MAR-APR

(UNLEAVENED BREAD)
    REFERENCES: EX. 12.43; 13.10; MATT. 26.17-20

PENTECOST SIVAN 6 (50 DAYS MAY-JUNE

FIRSTFRUITS/WEEKS AFTER PASSOVER)

Reference: DEUT. 16.9-12; ACTS 2.1

TRUMPETS TISHRI 1, 2 SEPT-OCT

ROSH HASHANAH

Reference: NUM. 29.1-6

DAY OF ATONEMENT 10 SEPT-OCT

YOM KIPPUR TISHRI

Reference: LEV. 23.26-32; HEB. 9.7

*TABERNACLES TISHRI 15-22 SEPT-OCT

(BOOTHS/INGATHERING)

Reference: NEH. 8.13-18; JOHN 7.2

DEDICATION CHISLEV 25 NOV-DEC

(LIGHTS) HANUKKAH (8 DAYS)

Reference: JOHN 10.22

PURIM (LOTS) ADAR 14, 15 FEB-
    LoveWiseCouncel

Answer by LoveWiseCouncel at 9:49 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Not ALL Christian faiths celebrate Christmas. My Aunt and Uncle are Church of Christ and they don't! Some of my friends are Jehovah's Witness, Episcopal, Messianic Jewish, and Seventh Day Adventists that do NOT participate in the CHRISTMAS mass marketing scandals!!! (I am sure this will make me popular!) Anyway, it is not true that ALL CHRISTIAN FAITHS participate!
    LoveWiseCouncel

Answer by LoveWiseCouncel at 9:51 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Monuments of idolatry are to be destroyed
    1 These are the statutes and judgments, which ye shall observe to do in the land, which the LORD God of thy fathers giveth thee to possess it, all the days that ye live upon the earth.
    2 Ye shall utterly destroy all the places, wherein the nations which ye shall possess served their gods, upon the high mountains, and upon the hills, and under every green tree:
    3 And ye shall overthrow their altars, and break their pillars, and burn their groves with fire; and ye shall hew down the graven images of their gods, and destroy the names of them out of that place.
    4 Ye shall not do so unto the LORD your God.
    Deut 12:1-4 (KJV)
    LoveWiseCouncel

Answer by LoveWiseCouncel at 9:56 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I agree i was just wondering why people do and why people dont is all. but thank you for all those scriptures.
    Anonymous

• And Judah did evil in the sight of the LORD, and they provoked him to jealousy with their sins which they had committed, above all that their fathers had done.
    23 For they also built them high places, and images, and groves, on every high hill, and under every green tree.
    24 And there were also sodomites in the land: and they did according to all the abominations of the nations which the LORD cast out before the children of Israel.

1 Kings 14:22-24 (KJV)
    LoveWiseCouncel

Answer by LoveWiseCouncel at 10:02 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• OP here...wait but catholic does celabrate are they christian? Jewish people dont. Islamic people? JW dont they are christian. Some christian do. I guess im just trying to find out who does and who does not and why?
    Anonymous