Summer camp memories??

Did you go to summer camp? I did several times, and at first I was really homesick, but as I got older, I really looked forward to my month away at camp every summer. My mom was really poor growing up though, so she wanted me to have all the advantages she didn't have. Now I look back with good memories and I learned a lot of things at camp that I still do now. Playing tennis, swimming, riding horses, all those things I learned at camp, plus a lot of practical jokes, and other not so wholesome things too! Nothing really bad, just putting on makeup when we weren't allowed, sneaking snacks, staying up late, and smoking cigarettes!

Do you have any memories of summer camp?

dwmom2008

Asked by dwmom2008 at 7:36 PM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I went to day camp one year... I remember the bus rides, singing camp songs, learning to do different craft/food things. I also went to girl scout camp many times, that was fun... we sang songs, hiked in the woods, learned camping stuff....
    The only part I hated about going to the camps was the horrible pit toilets!!! I would hold out and refuse to go.... (I still HATE those things to this day!!)
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:16 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I always loved the crafts and painting and swimming....it was nice to have a break from my 3 brothers.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 9:13 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• ive never been to summer camp
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 9:15 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I loved camp! Summer crushes, the cows down the river who always seemed to trample their fence and hang out in the water. Water skiing and dragging my butt in the water, you should not straighten your legs when the skis are on the surface of the water and your butt's barely out of the water, gives a wicked wedgie!!!!
    I loved camp and wonder if I'll be able to let my kids go one year. I know dh went to camp too but he was less than wholesom when he was there!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 2:20 AM on Jun. 4, 2011