Do you have books you like to reread?

I am rereading the The Screwtape Letters by CS Lewis.

MamawWalker

Asked by MamawWalker at 7:40 PM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• After I read a book I keep it only if I really enjoyed it and I will re-read it. We have more books than a small town library, so yeah, I have lots of books I like to reread. (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:43 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I only reread a book if I really, REALLY loved it. I only have a few of those, and I don't reread them very close together- I have to wait a while or I get same-book-fatigue. lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 7:48 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I do have several books that I have read several times over the years. But there is always a long space in between readings. Belinda, by Ann Rampling, I have read it so many times.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 7:49 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I have many, many Stephen King novels that I will read again. I have probably read the Stand about 20 times. Sad, I know, but I have insomnia, and the characters are like old friends to me. Also, I read The Hobbit about once a year, I just love that book! I read it when I was about 9, and that was over 30 years ago... I also like to re-read some classics that I read in high school, they seem different as you age. Scarlet Letter I hated at 15 and understood better at 35. Moby Dick was another one I re-read.
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 7:54 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I have dozens of novels i've reread and won't part with.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 8:15 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Only informational or reference type books.

I just can't seem to get through most fiction more than once, except Jane Austen. But in rereading her stories, my attention seems to go mostly to admiring her use of language. I find it fascinating. But, as a rule, nonfiction only really captivates me once.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 5:25 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• The Chicken Soups for the Soul books, I've re-read the inspiring stories several times.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 11:56 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• It's probably better to ask what books I HAVEN'T re-read. If I own a book in my personal library, it's an almost sure bet that I've read it more than once. I check a lot of books out of the library.
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 9:05 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• besides cookbooks... no I read them then swap them for free on paperbackswap.com I just pay to ship usually less then $3 and pay nothing for the book I pick for myself. If you want to check them out please use my nickname: aiken-vermont and we will both receive a free book myself for the referral and you for joining
    Mommy_Aiken

Answer by Mommy_Aiken at 7:26 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• anything by Janette Oke
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 4:51 PM on Jun. 11, 2011