What would you do?

I love you my husband and respect everything he does as a vol. fire fighter but I can't get him to understand that I need my time to my self and that he needs to take our 5 year old son and do something with him. Everytime I bring it up to him he gets mad and tells me that I never let him do anything by his self (which is not true) he stays at the hall at least once or twice a week. He has training everyweek and lots of meetings. I just want one night that I can go out and hang out with someone or go and do something.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:42 PM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• If he thinks he's not getting his alone time, keep a record of when and how long he's gone for a week or two and show him. Then, let him know you are only asking for one night out to get away from the house. Good luck (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:45 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Just do it. Make plans, tell him when you will be out, and he can just deal with the child. Don't wait on him, do what you need to do for yourself. He sounds controlling and selfish. You need to stand up for yourself.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:50 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• can you get a babysitter and go out? do you have to have his permission?
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 9:29 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• We don't have a babysitter. He always have a reason why I can't do anything because I have to be with him.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:32 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Can you come up with a way that both of you have time to yourself? It sounds like his time at work is his time to himself but that isn't really fair. My DH & I have this same issue but he is a lot more understanding & willingly takes our 3 boys out with him so I can have a break or doesn't mind if I go out without them. Try to talk it over without getting angry and tell him how important it is to you & your son to have breaks from each other & for him to have time with just his daddy. good luck.
    oahoah

Answer by oahoah at 12:45 AM on Jun. 4, 2011