For those who had a VBAC....

Did you have any complications? I had an an emergency c-section 3 yrs ago but I will like to have a vaginal birth. I read articles saying its dangerous...I would like to know your opinion on the subject. Thanks:)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:52 PM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Just for Fun

• im going to tell you what my dr told me.. i had 2 c setions.. i didnt get to have a vbac.. I got pregnant when my first was only 5 months.. Dr said that was WAY too early but it was my choice. Having a vbac that early could put me and my child at risk that he wouldnt even do it.. as of right now my last baby is 2 if i could get pregnant again i would push the baby out and have a vbac.. After 3 yrs i would say your ok to push the baby out. you are healed enough. Dr said 2 or 3 yrs after a c section would prob be ok.. you still have the risk bc that scar is forever there. Do what you feel is right talk to your dr about it and make sure its what YOU feel is right for you and that baby. but i say you should be ok.
    Anonymous

• Im not pregnant yet we are ttc. I was just curious because I wanted a vaginal delivery but only if it is safe to do so.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:21 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• ohhh good luck :) im sure your doctor could answer any questions you have
    Anonymous

• my 1st was a planned c-section, 2nd was a VBAC and only 16 months after my c-section. It depends on how comfortable you dr is with VBAC's. 1, 2 or 10 years after a c-section there's the risk of your incision rupturing during delivery. But if you've laboured it lessens your chances of a VBAC. I'd talk to your dr and find out what your best options are.
    I went on to have 2 more successful VBAC'S. Apparently some OB's don't like to induce a woman having a VBAC, I'm not sure why though.
    Good luck to you!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 2:14 AM on Jun. 4, 2011