Leg cramps?

hey ladies,
so im 24 weeks pregnant and latley i've been waking up each morning with these leg cramps, well with a leg cramp, always in my left leg, today though i woke up from my nap and it hurts so bad i can barley walk on it, is it normal for these cramps? and what should i do to get rid of them? Thanks!

firsttimemom733

Asked by firsttimemom733 at 8:41 PM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i used tigers balm when i got them , it helped alot..umm...mom always said you needed potasium if you had leg cramps..i don't know if thats true or not
    raynebowstarz

Answer by raynebowstarz at 8:43 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Eat a banana
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 8:48 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I get them too .I'm 31 weeks and I make my husband rub my leg as I stretch it out.I eat bananas and I've still had them.its one of the wonderful things of pregnancy..lol.but which ever leg I had the cramp in hurts so bad the next couple of days..but I've heard a lot of people say tiger balm .I take a warm shower after it goes away and I let the water run on my legs..
    ZACANDZOIESMOM

Answer by ZACANDZOIESMOM at 8:58 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/symptoms-and-solutions/leg-cramps.aspx

I've heard it's a potassium deficiency and I've read it's a calcium and magnesium deficiency....this link might offer some answers. My husband is NOT pregnant, LOL....and he gets leg cramps from driving all day, they strike at night and they HURT!
    Good Luck...I know they are painful.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 8:58 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• you need more potassium eat a banana or drink some gatorade
    lillymom828

Answer by lillymom828 at 9:13 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• If it in your upper, inner legs, try to stand with your shoulders back and down, arms loose by your side. Tuck you hips in but DON"T squeeze the buttocks. Feet are apart and knees soft. Draw an imaginary line across one hip bone to another underneath your belly button and put your finger on the center or that line. Imagine as you are tightening your abdomen that you are bringing that spot to all the way back to touch your spine. It's a bit of a mental juggle, but as you hold the position you should fee those inner thigh cramps slowly let loose. I hope this helps. I used to have them so bad, I would pass out or go into convulsions. Good luck I have felt your pain, and you are in my thoughts and prayers!
    UltimateGrandma

Answer by UltimateGrandma at 10:50 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Dr recommended tonic water for me. I had a constant charlie horse in my right calf for weeks.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 1:33 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• eat bananas, drink lots of water and massage ur leg

ajs16919

Answer by ajs16919 at 3:57 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Also, esp for cramps in the lower legs, I agree with the others - you need to get plenty of potassium - Bananas or supplements, Magnesium, and 8-12 glasses of water/day. Again, you are in my thoughts and prayers.
    UltimateGrandma

Answer by UltimateGrandma at 9:45 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Thank you ladies!!!!
    firsttimemom733

Comment by firsttimemom733 (original poster) at 3:57 PM on Jun. 4, 2011