My s/o and i separated for a year due to him cheating with multiple women, recently he started crying nonstop because he found out i was talking to other men...

i felt guilty and told him "lets get back together" in the heat of the moment because he was bawling and drinking tons of booze. THING is ... deep down in my heart i know i can never trust him, i know i deserve better, i will never trust him. since ive told him lets get back together he has been so very happy and i don't want to feel like a jerk for leaving. my plan is to leave while he is at work one day. i don't want to give him a heads up because i don't want to deal with the drama and don't want to deal with his major melt down... help!!! has anyone been in this situation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:45 PM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• while it sucks that you feel for it, the best thing to do is be upfront and cold about it. To his face. If you leave while he's at work, he'll pull the same thing and you'll feel guilty when he throws the, "why couldn't you tell me face to face" line out and might end up back in the same situation.. so just suck it up, and tell him how it is. If he starts crying dont' let it manipulate you. Tell him point blank: "that feeling you have right now of remorse is how I felt every time you slept around on me' and walk out.
    Be strong.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:41 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I don't think you should just up and leave, talk to him because even though he messed up first you got yourself in this situation by taking him back. Tell him exactly what you said on here, that you can't trust him again and that the relationship has run it's course. Good luck.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 8:58 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• he manipulated you into feeling sorry for him...what a pathetic jerk...yeah...just leave..he's not worth an explanation. If he'll cry like a baby because you talked to a few guys....yet he FUCKED a few chicks.....he has serious issues. He's a baby & does not know how to act like an adult. Just go......i would not waste my time explaining anything. If he cannot figure it out on his own, he's dumber than a bag of nails...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:35 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Ugh, that sucks that u told him u would get back with him but he wants his cake and eat it too. Good luck.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 8:48 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I think he deserves to be burned... Sorry I know it's mean, but he's never considered your feelings when he cheated.. Right?
    Fantasystar

Answer by Fantasystar at 8:50 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• you didn't do the most honest thing, but I can't say I blame you on that one.
    Particularly if he drinks, he could be very angry if he finds you leaving and I would find that frightening.

I say at this point just do all you can to protect yourself and make the leaving as easy as possible.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 9:07 PM on Jun. 3, 2011