Anyone out there work full time and have 3-4 or more kids?

I have no kids at this point but in a couple years we plan to start a family and I honestly want 3-4 kids. However, I am a teacher and it takes every ounce of time I have. Anyone work full time and have kids and make it work?

tessa9876

Asked by tessa9876 at 8:59 PM on Jun. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• It worked when I was working full time. My contract expired a few days ago so I am not working. The only bad thing was daycare. It cost about $600 a payday for all three. One was in full time and I had to pay for before and after care.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:18 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• i have 2 with one on the way. its an adjustment but not working isn't an option for me
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 9:38 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I have 3 kids and I work full time. I have a job that allows me to work from home, so I don't have to worry about daycare or having to find a sitter. One thing that does help is to have a schedule, and to get everyone in the house to help out with household chores.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:14 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Yup! I work M-F 8:00-4:30 and I have three kids, ages 13, 9 and 18 months. The older two are in school; the baby goes to daycare. During the summer, my ex takes the older two for a week in July and a week in August; otherwise, they're at my parents' house. I do all the cooking and laundry, hubby mows the lawn, etc. (outdoor stuff), the kids do the dishes every night. It works.

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 11:15 AM on Jun. 6, 2011