I thought babys wanted to suck stuff..............

ok my 2 month old trys to lick anything that touches his mouth lol i dont know why this is can someone tell me bcuz i thoughts babys like to suck stuff not lick and chew stuff lol

renah164

Asked by renah164 at 9:00 PM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my dd did that too, we never used a pacifier
    sophistcatdfury

Answer by sophistcatdfury at 9:02 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• my LO doesn't suck on much of anything, he likes to chew... and he is only 6 weeks.
    fritobaby04

Answer by fritobaby04 at 9:56 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• lol its because babies explore and discover first with their mouths, which means licking and chewing, they suck out of habit or when they get hungry.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:06 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• their mouth is the best way for them to learn at first, it provides info to them about taste, texture, temp, and it's near their nose so smell and most babies can't see that far away until a few weeks to a few months so the closer to their face the easier they see it, so the mouth again helps with that because it brings it closer to their face
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:09 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• when my dd was born, the nurse held her to my face and she started licking me. i don't know why they do it - but i was in love ;)
    AngryBob

Answer by AngryBob at 3:33 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Babies like to suckle, lick, chew, just about anything they can do with their mouths. I'd consider this normal.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:49 AM on Jun. 4, 2011