Sleep?

My 2 month old is always trying to suck air when i put him to bed and i know hes not hugrey and i put paci in his mouth but he just chews on it and im not gonna stand around all night and hold the paci so he can chew it what do i do?

renah164

Asked by renah164 at 9:03 PM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would not put him to bed with a paci. I always rocked my babies till they were just about to fall asleep then lay them down. Try laying him down with out it. But keep a watchfull eye and if you any concerns contact your pediatrican.
    sunsetbeach81

Answer by sunsetbeach81 at 9:11 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Um.... HOLD HIM. He is an INFANT. Wow.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:19 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• i do hold him.who says i dont (obbydobbie)
    renah164

Comment by renah164 (original poster) at 9:48 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• well.. i'm going to disagree with sunsetbeach.. i say try to get him to take the paci, pacifiers reduce sids.
    if it falls out it falls out.. make sure you feed him when he needs to be fed, if he is just making the mouth movements i wouldnt be overly concerned, its just habit, if he is sucking in air though (like noticeably) then get him checked out.

remeber babies typically eat every 2-3 hours... even at night time.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:14 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• My daughter is five months old and still gets up at least once to breastfeed. But if what your baby is doing doesn't seem to be bothering him than dont worry. My daughter will keep making a sucking motion even after i finish feeding her or giving her my pinky. She falls asleep sometimes when i do that.
    lovemylife88

Answer by lovemylife88 at 12:23 AM on Jun. 6, 2011