Do you have a lab

We have a 6 month old choclate Lab. He makes such a mess with his water. He gets it every where and it drips from his mouth all over the place. Any tips or ideas how to keep the water in one place?

sunsetbeach81

Asked by sunsetbeach81 at 9:16 PM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Pets

• good luck im still trying to keep my lab from jumping on everyone
    babygirl_18

Answer by babygirl_18 at 9:19 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• gl... my mom owned 3 labs and they all did that.. its not just labs its a lot of puppies lol.... they grow out of it they end up lickin their face when they are older. Babygirl, if u have a cage tell the dog NO jumpin and put him/her in the cage for a couple mins and if the dog jumps again back into the cage but u have to knock them down and make sure you say NO jumpin (EVERY TIME) they are very smart dogs..
    Anonymous

• LOL good luck with that one. Shayla *never* learned to drink without slobbering and dripping.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:26 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• well I have a 2 year old lab and he is wild, I can't keep him calm, but we like him wild and crazy he fits in . :))
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 9:34 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• my lab is 3 and does the same thing... its terrible! We have to keep a towel on the floor by the bowl so we can mop up the area every couple of hours.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 9:36 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• it sounds strange, but mine didn't do that. he passed away in 01 from old age. but i think the reason why he didn't do that was cuz we didn't use the normal water dish. we went out and got one of those big sauce pans to use instead. we just went to the goodwill and got it. he used that for his food and water and we didn't really have a mess. gl though.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 9:47 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• thanks everyone!! We have another dog, a german sheppard and she is so clean about things like that. Our lab,Duke, is so hyper and clumsy and messy. Im hoping it is a puppy thing. But he is the sweetest pup ever and very loving and very very good with the children.
    sunsetbeach81

Comment by sunsetbeach81 (original poster) at 11:06 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I have had two labs and they were the same way. We have a german shepherd pup and she makes bigger messes than any other dog (with the exception of one who had a medical condition) I have ever had with water. I have never seen a dog so interested in liquids before. The first day we had her she climbed up and drank my Sprite out of my cup and a few weeks ago she snuck up on my neighbor and drank his coffee.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 10:17 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Sounds like a lab trait - you'll have to live with it ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 10:56 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• sounds like my cat- maybe it is an animal thing?
    stacy8606

Answer by stacy8606 at 10:29 PM on Jun. 4, 2011