What is the word advice mean to you

i have notice in the short time i have been on momma's are asking for advice but are getting bashed instead i always thought that the word advice ment what would you do or do i need to go kick my english teachers butt for teaching me wrong in school

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:28 PM on Jun. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• i agree i hate when they bash you when your asking for advice
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 9:30 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• There are some hot topics that bring out the bitch in a lot of people. But I agree, asking for advice and then getting bashed for asking is NOT my idea of giving advice.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 9:46 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• *me included about the bitch part.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 9:47 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• advice is to tell someone how you think is the best way to handle a situation. it can be based on personal experience or through gathering and weighing the pros and cons of the options. advice can also be critique.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:27 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I agree with you. I joined this site for help on a specific issue a few days ago. While I received many thoughtful, sincere and helpful answers, I was so offended at people who bashed me that I deleted the question. I had already beaten myself up enough and was like "what the hell is this?" I think it's important to read the question and stick to answering that question as helpfully as possible. If you can't respond in a supportive way, then don't respond at all. If you want to offer additional advice then do it gently. People post on here because they aren't sure what the answer is. When people are rude or angry, the message is lost on the person they're trying to "help."
    LoveHerDad

Answer by LoveHerDad at 10:45 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• i know and we have to understand everyone is intitled to their opinion
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 6:11 PM on Jun. 4, 2011