Getting bash for not saying I love my child.........

I know this is stupid but I am real upset right now. Hubby took ds to his parents house they do this everyday(its their time to bond). This left me and dd at home. Her and I was playing while sitting at the desk. She was blowing her little spit bubbles and grabbing my face. Can't explain it, but I got this overwhelming feeling of love(sounds corny). So I type as my status "I love this little girl". A couple minutes later a friend responds saying "what about your son?' I told her I love him too. she kept going on and on about how it was not right that I did not include my son also. I tried explaining to her that it was just in the moment. Now I am feeling bad because I did not include him in my status. What do you guys think? have you ever felt that way before?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:32 PM on Jun. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• your friend needs help. that's all there really is to say lol. you don't have to include your kids together in every little thing.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 9:34 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• tell her to mind her own friggin business
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 9:35 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• i know this sounds bad, but why don't you make another status saying you love your son? right now my status has jokes my six year old tells me. and i've got three kids. but back to your problem, just remember one thing:
    There is no way to please everyone all the time!
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 9:38 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• i would tell her to STFU & mind her own business. She is just trying to start shit....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:39 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I tell each of my children when we're talking "You are my world." Does that mean I love only them at that time? Absolutely not. They are BOTH my world.

Your friend is judgmental. Does she even have kids?
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:40 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Thanks, she had me dobting myself
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:35 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• You're just fine and that friend needs to butt out. There are times when my son is being a jerk (he's 7) and my daughter (she's 4) does something to crack me up. In THAT moment I love her more than I have words to express. There are also moments whens SHE'S the jerk and my SON does something to make me feel better. In THAT moment I love him more than I have words to express.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 9:51 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I think your friend needs to get a life.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 9:51 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Tell the 'friend' to take the drama elsewhere, that you don't need it. I think your status was fine. Like you said, it was an in-the-moment kinda thing, and of course you love your son as well. Facebook is nuts. lol This past week alone I've heard of AT LEAST 10 different fights spawned by facebook, and at least 2 breakups. It's the internets, people! lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:51 PM on Jun. 3, 2011