Need your advice ladies...

So I am recently divorced & I have been talking to this man for about 2 weeks regularly. We went on our first date a couple of days ago and hit it off so well! The problem I have is finding time to build a relationship with my crazy schedule. I have no family to watch the kiddos & the only time that we really have to see each other would be on the weekends, which is a problem because there is no day care here on wknds ughhh! So I have entertained the thought of maybe getting together here at the house for like movie night or something but am hesitant because I have 3 kiddos here with me. I am a grown woman of course & I can make my own decisions but sometimes I would like other womens opinion & this is one of those times. What are your thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 PM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• Two weeks? You want to bring a man home that you have been seeing for two weeks? Remember, it isn't just you anymore. Bringing a guy that you just started seeing home while your kids are there doesn't seem like a wise decision. But you are a grown woman, so screw up your kids if you want to.
    Anonymous

• Does he know u have kids? If so and u feel comfortable doing that i say go for it. Maybe if he comes around enough you can see how he does with your kids.
    megclark22

Answer by megclark22 at 9:50 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Anon i only knew my now husband for a week when i started bringing my kids around. We now have two kids together and he is a great dad and husband
    megclark22

Answer by megclark22 at 9:51 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• My man met my daughter on our first date, which I might add, I did sleep with him on our first date. We just got married 2 days ago so it could work. That was the only time I introduced my kid to anyone.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 9:53 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• the question is, how do the kids feel about you dating again? well, depending on how old the kids are, you could let them help with making 'mommy's specail friend' feel welcome. hope this helps.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 9:53 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• megclark22 - Yes he knows i have kids all under 6 and is fine with that. He has none.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:55 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Lol I took my kids on my first date with my dh. They are SO not screwed up! It's been 11 years and I'm happy to report they are very succesful! My advice to you OP is yes, hang out with him and your kids so you can see if you want to take it longer than two weeks. Make sure your kids like him, and he is safe for them!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 9:56 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• How old are the kids? You dont want this guy around the kids until you know 100% you want to be with him for ever and I dont thimg you should bring him to your house yet. You cant find any one to watch the kids neighbor hood girls or even the day care you do have see if you can ask them if they would watch them at your house for a few hr. while you go out. How did you meet this guy? You do get out you should make the date with a few other gf and their bf to come along with so your not alone until you know him longer. Have fun.
    butterflies78

Answer by butterflies78 at 10:00 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Ok thank you ladies for your input! It is just sooo hard sometimes to build something with someone when you don't have the resources for someone to watch your kids in the process. I am just trying to find a way to make this work.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:00 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Can you arrange a sleepover with a neighbor in exchange for taking herchild(ren) another time for a break? Or maybe ask a neighbor to take the kids for a afternoon playdate and your date can be a nice lunch,Robin
    RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 12:24 AM on Jun. 4, 2011