What food did you have at your reception??

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 9:53 PM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Nothing fancy. It was simple stuff, but it all still turned out very nice. I stayed at my aunt's house with my mom and best friend the night before. We made finger sandwiches. We also had meatballs, fresh, raw veggies and dip, fruit, all stuff we made/cut up/put together ourselves. This was for our "big" reception later in the day for family and friends (some couldn't make it to the wedding) in the town my Aunts lived in, which was an hour away from where we got married. We also had a small get together at our house immediately after the wedding for everyone who came to the wedding. We served pizza, salads, soda, etc. (It was a late morning wedding, so essentially, we served the lunch.) Of course, all who attended the wedding and lunch after were also free to join us for the big party later if they wanted to make the drive.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 11:15 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• We didn't have food we were too broke. We just did mints and almonds, punch and cake. Short and sweet. We are having a big reception for our 30th anniversary this summer though.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:57 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Italian food. Our favorite dishes... Chicken fetuccini alfredo, spaghetti and meat balls, raviolis, with garlic bread and salad.
    SeasideNative

Answer by SeasideNative at 9:59 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• We had a dish for the vegetarians, which was pasta primavera, and then we also had chicken parm because it paired well if you wanted the pasta with it. We also had ceasar salad,a tomato salad, and rolls. We didn't want a bunch of heavy food, and we only invited about 30 people to the wedding, so it was quite small, but very nice.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:02 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Our guests had a choice of salmon, chicken, or vegetarian for their meal. Prior to the ceremony we had a sushi bar and something else I can't remember.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:07 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Don't remember exactly, since I didn't make the choices - some sort of chicken breast (teriyaki maybe?) and some sort of beef (pot roast?), some sort of cheesy potato casserole, a vegetable (green bean casserole?), fruit salad I think, not sure what else. Not only did I not get to pick it out, I hardly got to eat any of it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• We had an evening wedding with a cocktail party after. We served appetizers in martini glasses and crackers & nice cheese, fruit plates and champagne. It was entirely gluten free and nobody noticed! It was also WAY cheaper than a full meal.

tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 12:06 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• we had chicken and some other kind of meat, mashed pts with gravy, rolls, 2 vegs, mac and cheese, fruit tray, tossed salad,coleslaw, wedding cake with nuts on the side and homemade white candy wedding bells we made ourselves, soda, water, tea, lemonade to drink. Nothing special since not a big wedding. Only about 50 people came. Mainly just a varitey and if kids which we did not have might what to have something special for them to eat.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 2:34 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Didn't do the real food thing - just cake and punch.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:24 PM on Jun. 4, 2011