I'm 37 weeks pregnant and bleeding

It started out like my period and slowed down to spotting. It has been going on all day. My mucus plug came out on Tues. I have been having contractions 2-4 min apart since Wed. Dr. said can't do anything until I either hit 39 weeks or my water breaks. Should I be worried about the bleeding and go get checked?

pinksandflower

Asked by pinksandflower at 9:56 PM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Health

• I would be, go get checked.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 9:56 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Go to the ER
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 9:56 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• GO TO LABOR AND DELIVERY NOW !!!! DONT WANT TO SCARE YOU BUT THE BLEEDING COULD BE CAUSED FROM THE PLACENTA PULLING AWAY. ANYTIME IN PREGNANCY YOU BLEED YOU NEED TO BE SEEN. Good luck and go NOW !
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 9:58 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• You def. need to go get checked. It may be nothing serious or it could be very serious. GO.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:59 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Call the dr. and let him know you are coming in. log off of your computer and good luck to you!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 9:59 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Screw your doctor... go to the ER, now!
    Eek_a_Geek

Answer by Eek_a_Geek at 10:00 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• you are far enough along that you need to go to labor and delivery, the er will just send you to Labor and Deliver
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 10:00 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Go to another hospital, you should not bleed like that at all! Was it the day of your internal? What are you doing on the computer--U should be going to the hospital! Sometimes the water does not break! 37 weeks is duable! Good Luck and take care!
    Hayleesgmom

Answer by Hayleesgmom at 10:08 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I seriously hope you are going to the hospital right now. If your doctor really said that you with 2-4 min. contractions and bleeding, you might want to consider a ditching him and filing a malpractice suit. He sounds like a quack. Get to a hospital ASAP.
    Anonymous

• Bleeding in pregnancy should be checked out especially if it was like a period. Call your doctor or go to the hospital or both.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 11:17 AM on Jun. 5, 2011