has anyone had a hysterectomy??

Hi I had a hysterectomy 3 weeks tomorrow and earlier I doubled over with pain in my lower stomach and it was like cramps but bad I never felt anything like it. but it's stopped so I'm wondering if maybe I'm over doing it by going out and all the walking I been doing.? ( it was abdominal hysterectomy). so is 3 weeks to soon is it possible I'm over doing it . just need some advice to how others handled there surgery maybe I'm doing something wrong.

mom4ever76

Asked by mom4ever76 at 9:22 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Health

• I was told six weeks. If you are having this much pain you should at least call your surgeon and ask. Good luck. I hope you feel better soon.

Answer by Bmat at 9:24 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I was told 6 weeks too.  Remember that you have internal stitches that need healing too.  I followed my doctors instructions to the letter and practically bounced into her office for my 6 week check.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:49 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I also have had a hysterectomy. It was an abdominal one too. That is a major surgery sweety and I know you want to get back to a regular schedule as soon as you can. You need to take it easy for a while longer as not to rip anything internally I am sure what you felt was one of the abdominal muscles being pulled, as the surgeon had to cut them to do the surgery. Listen to your body when it hurts it will let you know when it is ready for you to do anything. It is hard I know as when I came home I did laundry and tried to clean the house lol that was a big no no. Just let the bod heal it will go quicker if you take it easy. Find something you like to do that you can relax while doing it. I crochet a blanket and knitted a sweater during my 6 to 8 weeks. Good Luck Mum Sis.
    decafsis

Answer by decafsis at 11:06 AM on Dec. 10, 2008