Horrible pain after a c-section, including burning and tugging and muscle spasms. adult content

I had a c-section on May 31st at 2:23 am, sin ce it was after midnight i shoulf knot have gotten out untill today after 2:23 am but my sergeon decided tht i was doing good enough to go home, i agreed this was my 3rd c-section and i was feeling great.

Fast forward to home, i go to lay in my bed, flat mind you(i had not layed flat in the hospital), i get this super intense burning feeling on my right side, almost like one of the staples being ripped out, but it was farther down. now im numb down there in the front and it burns every now and then. i have also been feeling lots of pain, even though i have been taking my meds.

my other 2 c-sections were stitched on the inside, then glued, this one is stapled. there is also a larger pouch that hangs down and covers my incision, where with the others my belly was rpretty much gone and i could wear normal pants.

Should i be worried about this stuff?? the surgeon is only available mon-tues and friday.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 PM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Health

• call your OB... just b/c the surgeon isn't available doesn't mean you go without care!!!!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:21 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• there should be a nurse line...where is the numbness? if it's your incision site that's normal...some pain even on pain meds is normal as well...if your really worried about ti there shoud be an answering service for your ob's office or whoever did your surgery call it and even if that dr. isn;t on-call another 1 will be able to call you or at least let the answering service know what to tell you
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 10:22 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I had my staples removed the day i left the hospital then the incision was taped with that surgical tape that i left on for a week and could then remove. I also have been numb at my c-section site since my first 10 yrs ago. But you have had c-sections before so if you think something is off just call your dr. office.
    Trinity001

Answer by Trinity001 at 10:23 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• A few days after a c-section you are bound to have some pain, even more when you move too quickly or strain the muscles. Are you bleeding a lot? I would call my doc and speak to whoever is on call. If it continues or gets worse, go to an ER. Better safe than sorry.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 10:24 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I had that too, my OB said it was normal, but call to put yourself at ease.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 10:24 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I've had 3 c sections too and the third one has DESTROYED my body. Seriously....my skin hangs down, I had burning and pain and recovery was longer than my 1st! UGH....
    It took me FOREVER to lay flat. I wouldn't for a while. Rest and you should be better in a few days......if you are freaked out though call your doctor. The numb feeling on my right side has never gone away and that was from my 1st!
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 10:31 PM on Jun. 3, 2011