My daughter wants to read and write

My daughter wants to read and write but I have dyslexcia having a little trouble any ideas? P.s. she's 3

emtmommyamanda

Asked by emtmommyamanda at 9:27 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• maybe you could go to the local library and see if they have any resources. Maybe the children's librarian would work with her. They usually have story time and other thing too. another idea would be to contact the local high school and talk with the guidance counselor and see if one of the students would volunter. Students, now days, have senior projects to complete.
    mom050607

Answer by mom050607 at 11:12 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• get her one of those leap frog book things that teach them to read...they also have them for writing...k-garden high paper...and family!!!
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 9:32 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• If this means you can't read to her, and that you can't show her how to make letters, then maybe a pre-school would be the way to go. I taught my own children to read by reading and reading to them, and I bought practice books to help them learn to make letters. But if you just can't, and she really wants to learn, then get someone else to help out. If not a preschool, then maybe a neighbor would help out by reading to her? Good luck. It must be exciting to know that she is interested at such a young age. Good for her!

Answer by Bmat at 9:33 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• No I can read to her but I don't know how to explain to her how to write and when I read to her she won't follow along in the books. But she tells me she wants to read and write.
    emtmommyamanda

Answer by emtmommyamanda at 9:35 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• My kids learned without Leap Frog and they read better than kids that did learn with Leap Frog. Leap Frog reads FOR them. Pre-school is a great thing for kids her age since it can help her with those4 steps she will need for school later and will also help her advance in social skills.
    Geminus

Answer by Geminus at 9:36 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• My town only has preschool for 4 yr olds tho
    emtmommyamanda

Answer by emtmommyamanda at 9:39 PM on Dec. 9, 2008