c section

how long did the muscles that were cut hurt after you had a c section? I had mine 3 weeks ago and it seems like the pain is getting worse not better...... anyone else have this happen?

Zacherysmommy08

Asked by Zacherysmommy08 at 9:28 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i have had mine for a lil over 17montns and when i get cold my scar hurts...some ppls will always hurt..some go away
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 9:29 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I was sore for about 6 weeks. I tried not to do stairs to much and not over do it. It helps to go for little walks here and there, but you need to rest too. It takes a while to completely heal because it really is like having a major surgery.
    DJMsmom

Answer by DJMsmom at 9:32 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• yeah.... we live upstairs so it's kinda hard not to have to go up and down stairs all the time. I hate it but I can't do anything about it. Plus it doesn't help i hate sitting around. I'm just trying to heal quicker and it seems like it's just getting worse, especially on the right side
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 9:34 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Mine still hurts and I had my C Section on the 3rd of August. I also had my appendix out on November 6 though and I think that irritated it. Thanks for asking this I have been meaning to post the same Q but I keep forgetting!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:35 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I was in bad pain for 2-3 wks, but I was limited in my activities because of pain for far longer (more like 6wks). The pain does seem to go away VERY SLOWLY!! My husband was sent away 3-4 weeks after our son was born so I was forced to "suck it up" and take care of him(no family in town). Keep active, but don't overdo it. I have also noticed that my scar still itches horrendously everyday and my C-section was 7 months ago today!
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 9:44 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I only had tightening. But if it keeps hurting, call your doctor to make sure it isn't anything more serious.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 9:51 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• My sister says hers still hurts and she had her last one 3 yrs ago.
    Me mine was still hurting at 9m im pregnant again so I will let you know in a couple months.
    Anonymous

• I had mine 17mths ago and it still hurts at times
    determind

Answer by determind at 10:13 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Some people have pain for a long time. With mine it doesn't hurt, my friend whos baby is 6 months still hurts.
    BUT if it feels like it is getting worse, I would go in... it could be an infection. I had a uterine infection after mine and it hurt more than labor!
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:29 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I had mine 9 months ago, I hurt for about 8 weeks. Everyone is different, just take it easy and if you are worried, go see your doctor... good luck:)
    Bella1108

Answer by Bella1108 at 2:17 AM on Dec. 10, 2008