Opinions on the MMR shot?

Anyone whose child has had the MMR shot? How old? Any bad reactions?

Kryssi17

Asked by Kryssi17 at 9:33 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• All 3 of mine are up to date on all shots. Only reaction is some soreness at the shot point or a low fever. If you get the shot you can give them a fever reducer a half hour before.

Anonymous

• Fever reducer/pain reliever
    Anonymous

• I read an article about possible link to autism with the mmr and pain reliever together....don't know if it is valid, but convening. I hate shots...the whole touc is so uncomfortable....damned if you do damned if you don't type of thing. There is a lot of controvest over this vaccine though. My first had no bad reactions or anything though. I am thinking about splitting it up with my 6 month old when she is a year....have not decided yet
    Lsmom

Answer by Lsmom at 10:33 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Both my kids are fully vaxed (as are hubby and I) and the only reaction the kids have had is some crankiness.
    jms124

Answer by jms124 at 10:56 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• My some was a few weeks past his 1 year. He just had a bit of soreness but i gave him some motron and he was fine. Also a little cranky but thats it. My son is all up to date with his shots.
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 2:56 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Thanks ladies, I was worried about autism... with the mmr and my dr gave me a lot of information on it to look it over so that I could decide when he went back for his second part of the Flu shot! She said its becoming rapid again do to visitors from certain 3rd world countries, thats a little scary. I never knew of anyone who had the measles or the mumps!

Kryssi17

Answer by Kryssi17 at 5:31 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• There is no valid scientific evidence of a link between MMR and autism...the studies that idea have been based on are increadibly faulty (and in some cases have been entirely retracted by the people that conducted them)... But, as your doc pointed out, due to travel (and also due to increased numbers of parents not immunizing), cases of these diseases are increasing.

My daughter didn't have any adverse affects at all...and didn't even cry after she got her lollipop.
    thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 6:28 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• well look at it this way. none of the three measles mumps or rubella is dangerous. well I take that back rubella is dangerous if you get it while pregnant. its dangerous for the baby. I choose not to inject my son with garbage to "prevent" an mild disease.
    3rdtymsthecharm

Answer by 3rdtymsthecharm at 7:05 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• No reactions in my first 2 kids, regression developmentally in my 3rd. For my 4th, I delayed and split up the shots.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:14 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I split up the shots also, b/c of a bad reaction with my one son. (autism). I don't know if it was specifically the MMR that did it, but the 12 month shots DID trigger it for him. A mother knows.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:16 AM on Dec. 10, 2008