Do you believe the things we do to our children today can have a lasting effect on them in their adult years?

SeasideNative

Asked by SeasideNative at 10:31 PM on Jun. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• well sure
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 10:33 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Yes. As well as the things we don't do for them.
    LoveHerDad

Answer by LoveHerDad at 10:33 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I KNOW they have a lasting affect. They will affect different children in different ways.....but everything you do, good or bad will leave a lasting affect on them.
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 10:33 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Yea and i have seend it.
    ladyb155

Answer by ladyb155 at 10:35 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Yes, I think the big things and the little things make a difference. But I also think there is hope for correcting our past mistakes. My mom worked way too much when i was really little but she saw the affect it was having on me and really turned things around when i was about 6 and it definitely make a difference in me.
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 10:35 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Yes, I fully do! That is why I take care of my grandson and try to keep him on a schedule! Any fluctuation in schedule makes a difference in his attitude! I give him discipline, critisism,love,manners and caring!
    Hayleesgmom

Answer by Hayleesgmom at 10:36 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Say like a girl was raised by her father to think and believe she was better than all women. Even believed because she was not physically active meant that she did not have to work as hard as other women. In fact we always catered to her. She once quit a job because she was expected to fold shirts at a clothing store.
    I have a relative like this who tried to tell me today that she was better. That women with children are stupid.
    And I had to remind her that her father is passsed and there is noone left to protect her.
    Did I over react?
    SeasideNative

Comment by SeasideNative (original poster) at 10:45 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• She is a product of her environment its not her fault thats how she was raised. However she does have control of how she continues to live her life. Maybe you gave her a life changing smack in the face. I would have said something way worse than that for sure though...

lil_momma_vdv

Answer by lil_momma_vdv at 12:36 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Yes, I have witnessed it myself with my oldest daughter and my grandchildren. She used to be a little wild, but has since straightened her life out and now she's going to community college wroking in the medical field, however, her 7 yr. old daughter still has a long way to go in every aspect!
    meatums

Answer by meatums at 2:10 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Absolutely YES. How you treat your child determines most of their personality.
    blackisbetter

Answer by blackisbetter at 3:04 AM on Jun. 4, 2011