Ladies, please help

I'm 40 weeks, and decided to start my maternity leave today since I've been so exhaused. How can I convince my doctor to induce me when I got to my appointment tomorrow? My baby was estimated 7.5lbs two weeks ago and I'm scared that if I wait too long that he'll be too big to have vaginally which is really important to me. HELP PLEASE! :]

ours

Asked by ours at 9:33 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Tell your doctor what you have just told us. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 9:36 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• tell him you want to be induced. Thats all I had to do with my doctor.... and they said my little guy was 7.3 pounds... YEAH RIGHT! he was 8 lbs 10 oz.... i couldn't have him naturally cause he was too big for me. I just told mine to induce me and I was induced :)
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 9:36 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• you're already 40 weeks..i dont think there's gonna be any Convincing at tomorrows visit. good luck!
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 9:36 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I don't think there's going to be any convincing a doctor since they know what's best but it wouldn't hurt to ask!
    Anonymous

• Some doctors are really open to induction. Others not so much, my doctor scheduled me for induction at 38 weeks ( I didn't make it that far though) Just ask him how he feels about inducing you, the worst he could say is no. But, sense you are 40 weeks, I think he should go for it.
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 9:37 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• if you already 40 i wouldnt see a problem! congrats and good luck.
    Anonymous

• you can tell your doctor how you are feeling. Most drs do nont want to induce unless it is necessary... but you are 40 weeks so they may. I was induced at 38 weeks due to high bp and was in labor for over 30hrs trust me no picnic
    Kryssi17

Answer by Kryssi17 at 9:38 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Well to them I'm 39 weeks because they changed my due date after my first ultrasound. I've had three since then to check on his weight and every single time he's showed to be due a week sooner (my original due date) but they don't want to change it again.

So to THEM I'd be asking to be induced at 39 weeks.
    ours

Answer by ours at 9:39 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Tell them to induce you!! INSIST!
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 9:42 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Try squatting first before asking to be induced. You can end up with an unplanned c-section.
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 9:42 PM on Dec. 9, 2008