Does your MIL...

Does your MIL think she is the only person in history who ever had a successful pregnancy?

I'm seven weeks along, and my pregnancy should mirror hers. After all, it produced my only child husband. She fusses as me for what I eat and is mad that the nursery isn't decorated. The woman needs a hobby, and I need an outlet!

It really got my goat today when I posted on FB about meeting some cousins I haven't seen in two years for lunch. They both have small children who will, of course, eat pizza. "You shouldn't eat all those tomato products. That's why you have indigestion."

I ate ONE piece. And I'm pregnant. EVERYTHING gives me heartburn!!

mrsjon

Asked by mrsjon at 10:41 PM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• You know you can block her from seeing those? lol I would! Sounds like she has WAY too much time on her hands!

You should have responded "I'm a glutton for punishment then! lol" hehe
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 10:44 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• My MIL thought I should have gotten a job while I was pregnant with our oldest "to help out with finances."

1. I didn't have morning sickness. I had 24/7 sickness. I could barely get up to go to the bathroom w/o feeling the need to puke, let alone WORK! Plus, who hires pregnant women when they know they're going to have to go on leave soon anyway?

2. My husband and I had discussed BEFORE we got married about me being a stay at home wife/mother.

So yeah, you're not the only one who's dealt with a moronic MIL :/ Good luck, and I agree with BeachyBabe...I love that response :D
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 10:47 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I lived on pizza during my first trimester because it was the only food that didn't make me nauseous. I didn't have heartburn ONCE. Tell your MIL to put that in her pipe and smoke it. No, but seriously, she sounds like she just wants to be involved and feel relevant and validated. I'd go easy on her, even if she is annoying the crap out of you!
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 10:45 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• be like" hey woman, this is my pregnancy and my baby so shush it."
    ladyb155

Answer by ladyb155 at 10:47 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• OMG- mine made me go to a wedding planning session while I was supposed to be on bedrest and I was having contractions like crazy, then when my doc suggested I either get a chair for during the wedding ceremony or not be in the wedding party, she freaked out on me and made me feel terrible for 'trying to ruin' my SIL's wedding. It was terrible. Also, with my last pregnancy, I was on bed rest pretty much the whole time, and she expected me to drive an hour or 2 hours out of my way to accommodate HER, because she wanted my older 2 in a play at church. Ugh. So I feel you, trust me. lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:10 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• good grief! every time I read posts like this I feel like I should send my MIL flowers! How do you women survive? I hung up once on my FIL over 12 years ago for screaming at me about my wedding planning, and we didn't speak for about 5 years. I could have stood another 3, but oh well. I could never have the patience you ladies must have with your in laws!
    you guys deserve medals! LOL!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 11:24 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Why are in-laws so annoying? I don't understand. Will we be this annoying when our kids get married?
    acurran88

Answer by acurran88 at 9:23 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I'm not going to be like my in-laws. I'm gonna tell my poor babies' spouses horror stories, and ask them to ask me to back off if I get too much like my own MIL.

My mom told me this morning to grow a pair! LOL
    mrsjon

Comment by mrsjon (original poster) at 10:53 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Ha I blocked my FIL and his GF from seeing ANYTHING on my fb I kept them as friends, but they dont see ANYTHING. They made my life HELL. Ugh. But my MIL isnt bad. Inlaws you just have to bite your tounge and have your hubby deal with it, just have him tell her that HE has noticed alot of he "nosing in"... Good Luck!
    kgrine

Answer by kgrine at 4:58 PM on Jun. 4, 2011