My son was bitten by a dog while with his father, the father blames our 2 yr. old for it. I am concerned with his father will allow him around this dog again. What can I do please help, my son is supposed to go with his father tomorrow???

My son was returned to me last Saturday from my former husband, with a dog bite on his hand I noticed the bite broke the skin in two spots and his hand was very swollen, the dog bite occured Friday night. The father did not take our 2 yr. old to the doctor. I immediatly took him to the doctor. The doctor put him on a prescription for an infection caused by the dog bite. The father blames the child saying he pulled the dogs sore ear and not admitting any fault of his in the situation. I asked him who the owner of the dog was and where the dog lives so the Humane Society can handle this and make sure the dog is healthy for our child and the dogs well-being. He said no, it was none of my business and continued to protect the dog and the owner of the dog. This concerns me and show his lack of moral judgement and care for our child. I am not sure what to do. The Humane Society and they found the owner and the dog.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• do you have to let your son go?i mean if i were you i wouldnt let him go,...i see why you arent with this man anymore!:) but tell your ex-husnband"whats more important to you,..your own son or this random dog?"and it sounds like he needs to GROW UP!
    amysmomma505

Answer by amysmomma505 at 9:46 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• If you don't feel comfortable with the supervision going on and there is a safety concern, I would file an emergency order with the courts requesting that the father and his living situation be reviewed. That is ridiculous and I see your concern. I would be just as worried as you are. Good luck!
    meriahmn

Answer by meriahmn at 9:47 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• They will give you temporary full custody until they can prove his is fit and responsible enough to parent.
    meriahmn

Answer by meriahmn at 9:48 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I agree with meriahmn ..im sorry that happend...i would smack your ex on the head and ask him what he would have done if it was your childs face...or if the bite was worse....
    Anonymous

• call child protection, take him to dr, get as much documetnation as possible, see if there were any witnesses around, talk to people, get whatever you can in WRITING even from the humane society and the owner, then call a laywer and go to court , the more actual PROOF you have the easier it will be get the judge to grant to you custody, and if you dont HAVE to let him visit dont, but i dk what your sitiaution is hope this helped and sorry it happened!
    JrsMommy07

Answer by JrsMommy07 at 11:12 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• i agree with above, if he blames the child for a dog biting him what else is he going to blame that baby for???
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 11:47 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• my god he would not get near that dog again babies don't know they are pulling ears of dogs what Cretan your ex is keep him home, please
    youmakemydreams

Answer by youmakemydreams at 5:24 AM on Dec. 10, 2008