Do you have the best of intentions to do housework when your kids go to bed?

And then once you get everyone settled and asleep you just majorly veg out the rest of the evening? It's like BAM all the energy, will power, and motivation gets sucked out of me!!!! I hate it!

BeachyBabe

Asked by BeachyBabe at 10:47 PM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Home & Garden

• No, I never plan to clean when the kids are in bed. I do cleaning in the mornings or early afternoons. Evening is the time I spend alone with my husband, and vegging out together sounds wonderful!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:49 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I try to get most of my cleaning when the kids are awake and playing together so when they lay down i can finally relax for a couple hours before my hubby gets home
    ladyb155

Answer by ladyb155 at 10:49 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I used to be like that . Now I understand - and have no guilt - that my DNA is not programmed for me to do chores in the evening

It's all genetics - you are designed to veg out .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 10:51 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I have 4 kiddos, aged 4 and under.....so there is hardly any time to devote to cleaning besides cleaning up after them, or helping them clean up their messes the make in the moment! lol
    BeachyBabe

Comment by BeachyBabe (original poster) at 10:51 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I kinda do, I try to keep up with stuff when I get in from work...but may have a chore to finish after my son goes to sleep, but mostly veg out, or get on the net!
    giggls2hrd

Answer by giggls2hrd at 10:52 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Yeah but then i wake up a few hours later in the chair with a book turned upside down on my chest.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:55 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• That is when I do most of my cleaning. I love having kids that could sleep through a train wreck. I have been known to steam vac and vacuum right next to them while they are sleeping at 2 or 3 in the morning.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 10:03 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• So true - you are finally able to relax when the LOs are in bed.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:36 PM on Jun. 4, 2011