Is your S/O a mommas boy?

Just curious? Do you think that makes them a better man? PROS/CONS?

angela627

Asked by angela627 at 10:49 PM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• No, absolutely not. He hasn't seen his mother in something like 13 years. I saw her once almost 14 years ago, and he ran into her at a family function about a year after that.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:52 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Nope, my hub does not care for his mother. But then again, his mom is pretty messed up.

She was a drug addict when he was a boy, married or at least had several men in her life that was abusive to him and his brother, had to have a historectomy early in life (a couple years after his brother was born), and the meds she was on, well, they didn't get regulated until here recently...

So yeah, I don't totally blame her craziness on HER...just her life circumstances. I have a feeling if it weren't for her having to be gutted so early in life, maybe she wouldn't have relied on illegal drugs or wrong men for so many years. There is a good side, she did meet and marry a most wonderful man when hub was in early teens, and he provided a stable life for them.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 10:54 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• he was until she moved across the country. he would tell her everything before he told me. which as his wife made me angry. he still calls her all the time to give her every detail in his life. but now............ he became a grandmas boy!!!!!! ahh
    ladyb155

Answer by ladyb155 at 10:55 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Yes, he is AND he's the only child.

I'm never good enough...and did you know that according to my MIL I should treat my DH like I was God, Himself.

Pffffftttt, bahahaha, not this girl!
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 10:56 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• he was God, Himself*
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 10:57 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• No. My husband loves his mother, but he is not terribly attached. She hasn't been his main caregiver since he was 8, because his parents divorced and the kids stayed with his dad.

My MIL is super great, though. She's the sweetest woman in the whole world.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:01 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• yes and believe me I get an ear full if she thinks she has anything that she can grip at me about!!! but in all fairness she does that to everyone so I feel like she loves me enough to treat me like her own kids!!! lol the pros's are he really tries to please her too and most of the time I get the same treatment from him the con's are well some times it really irritates me for instance if he's sick or some thing I'll suggest he take some thing and he'll go all day not taking what I've suggested and be miserable and his mom can say did Tracey give you whatever pill I was trying to get him to take and he'll say ya she told me to take it then she'll tell him to take it and he does .... I don't understand why he'll go all day not taking something I say to take and she tells him to take the same thing and he does right away no questions asked!!!!

traren

Answer by traren at 11:03 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Yup... I like it & think of it as a good thing.. Id rather him share his feelings with her than some random friend that could spread stuff around atleast whatever he says i know will stay in the family..
    It was a big thing for me that me/SO get along with each other families. If I didnt like his family/ they didnt like me, it would make me/him/our kids life hell.. and im guessing the marriage would not last.. Thankfully we all get along very well & I care & value their opinion.

Its easy to forget that (mostly, i know some families are different) their mom/grandmothers are what made them.. And just because they got married that is still their family! Their family knows more about them than you ever will. When you raise a child up you see into them different. Think about your own child & their future spouse.. Who do you think will know them better?
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:27 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• No. He loves and respects his mom, but I am the most important woman in his life no question.

Answer by missanc at 8:22 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• No, my husband has always been independent, and they are not very close. He loves her and respects her, but there has always been some distance between them. But I am glad, he is a 41 year old man, no time to be a momma's boy.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 8:30 AM on Jun. 4, 2011