Help! My daughter just got two kittens and they're lost! Any ideas where we can look for them?? They've ben inside and no doors leading outside were open.

mockitaz

Asked by mockitaz at 10:55 PM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Pets

• Look for warm places. The dryer, behind the fridge, pile of clothes, ect.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:02 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• They probably found a warm spot to curl up and go to sleep in. Check in cabinets, behind the fridge, under the couch and any chairs, any small spaces like that. They can get in to tinier spaces than you might think. Ours will go under the couch, and we had one that would go behind the stove because we have a hot water heater under the counter there. It was very frustrating getting her to stay out of there, too. lol Good luck finding them, Momma! Maybe try shaking the bag of kibble or making noise like you're going to feed them- that always brought mine from behind the stove :)
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:05 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• closets, drawers, under beds. don't worry they will show up when they are hungry, probably looking like you were the ones who were lost.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:08 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• thanks we found them under the bed!shes so happy;]
    mockitaz

Comment by mockitaz (original poster) at 11:19 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• as long as there is no way for them to get hurt or spots that may be dangerous (open vents) dont worry about it too much. try to put some food out & they will come around sooner or later...in time you will learn the spots. lol
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:19 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• My kitten used to escape through the dryer vent somehow. We lived in a really old trailer.
    glam.fairy

Answer by glam.fairy at 1:16 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Cats LOVE to go under beds. Absolutely!
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 8:09 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Yep, my first thought was under the bed - and lo and behold ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 10:55 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• i've had 7 kittens and all of them loved to be in dresser drawers. i could not find any of them one day and i tore up my house looking for them and the last place i looked was in the dresser drawer in my bedroom and long and behold there they were sleeping. hope you find your kittens.
    mommymommy30

Answer by mommymommy30 at 2:23 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Cats are such good hiders! I was feeding my friend's two cats while she was on vacation awhile back and I was really alarmed that, in a small bungalow, along with my cat-obsessed daughter, I was not able to find one of the cats at all for a whole week. Shes' the shy cat, and apparently had found a way to get into the linen closet through a crack in the back of the wall and was most likely hiding in there every time we came in. I have no idea how she would fit because she's not a small cat, but we certainly had no clue where to find her! LOL!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 8:57 PM on Jun. 4, 2011