What helps with the back aches? and should i be concerned? my 1st preg.

im 21 weeks almost 22. the past week and a half ive had this almost constant back ache that sometimes could slightly painful. at moments i dont want to move because it hurts. sometimes it feels like cramping in my lower back and sometimes it'll move round to my lower abdomen and be slightly painful. i lost my mucus plug 2nights ago. any advice on what i should do and how to ease the back ache? anything would help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 PM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I would absolutely call my midwife or doctor and get their advice. It could be perfectly normal but they should know about it so they have a better understanding of your pregnancy and can let you know if it's something to be concerned about. Best of luck!
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 11:19 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• If your doc has okay-ed it, take some Tylenol. Get in the bath tub, relax. Lay on a heating pad. Have someone give you a massage. You can try to rub it yourself, a tennis ball works. Backaches are pretty normal with pregnancy, but the fact that its really bad and you have lost your mucus plug SO early, has me a little concerned. If the back pain gets worse, call your on call nurse...it could be a sign of pre-term labor. Not trying to worry you by any means. But, try relaxing with any of these techniques. If you don't have a heating pad, you can put rice in a pillow case and put it in the microwave to make your own. Just be careful, and if the pain doesnt get any worse, Im sure its just normal pregnancy aches :) good luck!!
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 11:22 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Totally call your doctor to make sure its not anything but just some back pain. If so, I use a cold pack for 10-15 minutes then a hot pack for another 10-15 minutes. Icy hot will work until it wheres off but using actually using something cold and hot will work wonders!

lil_momma_vdv

Answer by lil_momma_vdv at 12:27 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I used icy hot and it worked just fine. Just dont use it to much or on your tummy.

Does it feel like the backache is starting from your lower back and going up?

if you have that and any kind of pain in your tummy below your belly bottom and back pain that feels like its going up try drinks a couple glasses of water and lay on your side if that dosent work GO to the hospital.
    Augusta

Answer by Augusta at 11:18 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Thank you. Im going to try what yall suggested. It does start from lower back and go up. Most of the time the cramping and pain is below my belly button and occansionally above.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:30 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• use a heating pad but for small periods of time. DO NOT take a hot bath, if your body temp gets too high the baby can get brain damage. at 22 weeks you can take tylenol also.
    ajs16919

Answer by ajs16919 at 3:55 AM on Jun. 4, 2011