I'm three months behind on my car payment. I need money really quickly to stop them from repossessing my car. How can I get this money?

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 PM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Money & Work

• unless you have an awesome family member you will probably have to do something illegal to get it or take out one of those quickcash loans which aren't much better

Answer by sophistcatdfury at 11:18 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Win the lotto? Prostitution? Wait, illegal.

Seriously....I'd say go for odd jobs. Offer to mow lawns, rake leaves, clean houses, clean cars.....

• HOME BUSINESS THAT YOU CAN START FOR FREE. Call up your friends and family and get their support. Tell them your situation. Be honest. The people that care about you are more generous if they know your motives, your ambition, and your goal. The one thing I've learnt is when things get tough, I need to get up off my ass and go get what's out there... NO MATTER WHAT IT TAKES! Home business much easier than finding a job, or a 2nd or 3rd one for that matter/// and way more profitable if you make a point of developing yourself for success each and every day. My home business is quick, I submit a show and I'm paid on it the following monday. It's pretty sweet.

Answer by MommasLilSavior at 11:20 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Craigslist things right away.

Answer by Augusta at 11:21 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Waitress... Quick. Cash.

Answer by fireeyes81 at 12:44 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• See if you can borrow from a friend or family. Sell things. Offer babysitting services, clean houses, donate plasma.

Answer by tspillane at 6:55 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Quick cash...hock or sell anything you have thats of any value. Take out a loan. Beg your family and friends for money.

Answer by meooma at 8:20 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• You will probably be better off turning in the car

Answer by rkoloms at 12:44 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I agree with meooma!

Answer by dancer at 1:20 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Even if you come up with the money to stop them from taking the car, in another month or so, you'll be right back where you started. You might be better off turning in the car, like rkoloms said, and trying to focus on making some real money, so that you can get out of the situation for good.

Answer by Bethsunshine at 1:20 PM on Jun. 4, 2011