Did anyone else have trouble sleeping the day they gave birth?

With my first 4 kids I could have slept for days if I wanted to, I was out like a light switch every chance I got. My baby boy was born this morning at 9:07 - it is 11:20 pm and I still haven't slept. I woke up at 4 am to get to the hospital for 5 because originally my c-section was planned for 7 am but the doctor was busy because two other patients went into labor early. So now I have my husband sleeping in the chair next to me (which pulls out to a bed but he said he was too tired to be bothered with pulling it out!) and baby Shane is sleeping on the other side of me and I'm tired but can't seem to fall asleep so I got out my husband's laptop and decided to try to get tired by staring at a computer screen...so far not helping.

anon1986East

Asked by anon1986East at 11:24 PM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Its normal. I was up for like 12 hrs after my daughter was born and I also had a c-section! Its sucks!
    Augusta

Answer by Augusta at 11:27 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Yeah, both times. I had an induction with my first, and got an hour of sleep the night before she was born. An hour the night she was born, and maybe a nap here and there the next day. I was too high from the experience (no meds, but adrenaline!).

My second I had at home, but I still couldn't sleep, even being in my own bed. I just stayed awake and stared at him and reflected on how amazing his birth was and how happy I was that he was earthside.

Congratulations on your 5th little bundle!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:35 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I was awake for 4 consecutive days following the birth of my son.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 11:55 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• With second I went three full days without sleep my third I went two days without sleep. My first I had no troubles.
    lilmommy10805

Answer by lilmommy10805 at 1:17 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Wow, nice to know I'm not the only one lol. I had c-sections with all my kids and I never had trouble sleeping. I finally did fall asleep around 3 am. So far Shane is very cooperative, he likes to sleep just like one of his big sisters though when she was born she didn't open her eyes for the first 3 days and Shane at least opens his eyes and likes to just look around.
    anon1986East

Comment by anon1986East (original poster) at 1:20 PM on Jun. 4, 2011